Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New York Senator Moves Guns From Under Her Bed

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...oves-guns-bed/

Sen. Gillibrand says she has moved two rifles she kept under her bed for protection because of news reports about the weapons.

NEW YORK -- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, whose pro-gun stance has attracted criticism from fellow New York Democrats, has moved two rifles she kept under her bed for protection because of news reports about the weapons.

In a Newsday interview published earlier Monday, Gillibrand said she and her husband, Jonathan, kept the rifles to protect their upstate New York home. The couple has two young children.

Gillibrand spokesman Matt Canter told the newspaper in a story posted on the its Web site Monday evening that the rifles were removed for security reasons because their location had been reported. Gillibrand representatives didn't immediately return a telephone call from The Associated Press on Monday evening.

Canter said the rifles were not loaded and the Gillibrands follow gun-safety procedures. He would not say if they kept ammunition nearby.

Gillibrand was a little-known second-term congresswoman from a rural Republican district when she was tapped by Gov. David Paterson to fill the Senate seat vacated by Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As a member of the House, she had earned a 100 percent rating from the National Rifle Association.

The day her appointment was announced, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy threatened a 2010 primary challenge. She was elected to Congress after her husband was killed and her son wounded in a shooting rampage on a Long Island Rail Road train in 1993.

Gillibrand has said that her views are broadening as she moves from representing one rural district to the entire state. She has said she would work to fight gun violence while still protecting hunters' rights.

Gillibrand told Newsday that while she and her husband don't hunt, her mother, brother and father do.

"I grew up in a house where my mom owns about eight guns," she said. "She keeps them in a gun case."

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: New York Senator Moves Guns From Under Her Bed

The 2A is not about fucking hunters' rights! God damn it! That right there pisses me off every time I hear or see it.

(Delaware County)

If she is using the guns for personal defense as the article says, than why does she only focus on hunters rights?

(Lancaster County)

I had just found a different article about this and was going to post it, but I see you beat me to it.
    Anyway this article is a little more in depth for those of you who are interested. http://www.newsday.com/news/local/po...0,903835.story

It looks like the anti's are really going after her.
    If I knew the world would come to pieces tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.

(Lancaster County)

And it says that she keeps the guns locked in a case with the ammo stored seperatly. To me that dosn't sound very home defensish, but its better than nothing.
    If I knew the world would come to pieces tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.

The poll on that page is a joke, but leave it to Newsrag to come up with those stupid questions. nearly 97% have no issue with her owning guns...idiots. Wonder how long it will take for them to pull that down.

McCarthy is nothing but an anti-gun nutjob, she has no other important causes, no real pertinent viewpoints and no good ideas. She is the crazy lady that keeps yelling the same thing to little or no effect. She jumped onboard the 94' bill and that was the one "success" she is associated with, she had done nothing before and has done nothing since and I can't believe she won her seat again, especially running against our Mayor from Mineola.

This is how to sound like an idiot:
    "I am very upset about the whole thing," said Joyce Gorycki of Mineola, widow of a Long Island Rail Road official killed in the 1993 train shooting and co-chair of Long Island's New Yorkers Against Gun Violence. "I don't know why she needs two rifles."
    Last edited by emsjeep; February 17th, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    The poll on that page is a joke, but leave it to Newsrag to come up with those stupid questions. nearly 97% have no isee with her owning guns...idiots. Wonder how long it will take for them to pull that down.
    Wow, that poll is stupid. Some of the reason for the high number of responses in her favor is that this article is linked on the Drudge Report.

(Somerset County)

I wonder how the media found out about her keeping them under the bed? Goes to show ( don't put your business on the street )
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Lebanon County)

WEll the truth is that they're keeping the guns under their beds, and this is all a setup for anyone who thinks they they can get them now, because of the false fact that they don't have guns under their beds.

oh boy theyre going to be so surprised

(Lackawanna County)

She's in Neuva York...she probably has rifles because she can't get a handgun permit...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast