Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Question Re: Beretta CX4 & PX4 Storms w/ EOtech

I got a newbie question for those of you who have CX4... What is the purpose (or use) of pistol caliber carbine?

Talking Re: Beretta CX4 & PX4 Storms w/ EOtech

I now own a .45 caliber CX4 Srorm. I love it. The price you can not beat. I have bought 2 extra mags, laser sight, surefire light and mount, and a waterproof box to store it in.

I am looking to get the bottom, top and side rails. The barrel shroud looks good too. I have only fired it once but I love it. I want to also get the 9mm and .40cal.
    It will be nice if they come out with more calibers. It would be nice to see BERETTA
    come out with more weapons like this one. If you know of any others please let me know. Gunner out.

Default Re: Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm w/ 20 round magazine

how did you get your bipod to work infront of the grip? I can only get mine to work the opposite way

(Erie County)

Default Re: Beretta CX4 & PX4 Storms w/ EOtech

If you look close, neither one is completely on the rail. There is about a fifth of the bipod off the rail, and a fifth of the grip off the rail. I've since taken both peices off the firearm, and I keep them in the tactical backpack softcase.

Did the legs lock in the forward positon when it was mounted at the time of the pic or did they lock facing the trigger?

(Erie County)

they lock facing the muzzle. check the second photo, in the case on the floor.

@doug:

How do you like the rotary-locking action on the PX4? I'm thinking about getting a Stoeger Courgar 8000 with the same rotary action. Any noticeable difference in accuracy over any tilt-locking pistols you've shot?

question for the 9mm version. How far away can you shoot this and still have potecy? For longer range, what caliper would you recommend?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    @doug:

How do you like the rotary-locking action on the PX4? I'm thinking about getting a Stoeger Courgar 8000 with the same rotary action. Any noticeable difference in accuracy over any tilt-locking pistols you've shot?
    The rotary action on the PX4 supposedly makes it extremely accurate and reliable. On most semiautomatic handguns, the barrel drops down slightly when the slide blowsback, allowing the next round to be chambered. The rotary action on the Px4 eliminates the play from a moving barrel, and in theory is supposed to be more accurate as the barrel does not have any up and down movements.

I have not put enough rounds downrange with the Px4 to give any sort of conclusive answer, but I will say it's a fine firearm.
    Last edited by doug; March 1st, 2007 at 06:02 PM.

(Berks County)

Hey Doug, I went to my firearms dealer and inquired about the Beretta CX4 Storm, and he said that he can get it for me at a good price. Right now he's just waiting for me to decide on which caliber I would prefer. I assume that a .40 would be just as good as a 9mm or .45 and it just depends on which caliber one prefers?

Also, before I make this purchase, and since you have a Beretta Storm, would you say that it's worth getting? Please get back to me when you have time.

Thank you very much,

Rand

Update: May 4, 2007

I purchased the Beretta CX4 Storm in .45 caliber, and I've had it with me for a week but haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. Right now I'm having the rail and optics added on and will be picking it up on Saturday.

Update: (noon) May 5, 2007

I just picked up my Beretta CX4 Storm and it looks real nice.

Update: (8:15 pm) May 5, 2007

I went to the gun range and was finally able to try out the Beretta CX4 Storm. Doug, I LOVE THIS FIREARM! Thank you for your advice and for recommending it.

Take care,

Rand
    Heres a link to my gun pics:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/gun-pictu...html#post38758

Last edited by dnar; June 6th, 2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: add new text.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast