Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Beretta CX4 & PX4 Storms w/ EOtech

mark,

my cx4 and px4 are both 9mm. In retrospect I should have got the .45, but the 9mm is certainly a lot cheaper to shoot.. It shoots awesome, btw.. I have no problems hittting the rams at 100yards all day long. If you show up on tuesday I'll let you check it out..

I've since added a barrel shroud and a factory beretta sling. I'll post a new pic in a few.

-douglas

(Erie County)

now you are baiting me..... thats NOT FAIR...

(Erie County)

Hey doug I think you probably know it was a typo but the cx and px 4's come in 9mm or 40 cal. not 45 cal. Nice pictures by the way!! How is that cx to shoot? Mike H.

(Erie County)

Mike,

I’m don’t own 1 as of yet, I have only had the pleasure of holding one (happens to be Doug’s) and am waiting to purchase mine however as far as I know the CX4 IS available in 45ACP. The PX however is not. This is a bit of a disappointment as it would be nice to have them in a matching caliber. I am involved in a gun shop so i looked it up in the distributors catalog and there is indeed a manufactures part number for the 45ACP. If you are interested the part number appears to be 082442811055. This is of course not from Beretta but the wholesalers catalog.

I was very disappointed myself to find that the PX4 was not available in 45ACP but I have plenty of other pistols that fit that round so I guess I'll just have to accept it.

Mark

(Erie County)

mark is correct.. the Cx4 *IS* available in .45ACP, but the Px4 is not yet. The beretta rep that I talked to about it said the Px4 will be available in early 2007 in .45ACP and .357 SIG.

-douglas

I have two CX4's now, one in 9mm and one in .40 s&w. The .40 was used and had been shot a lot while the 9 was new. When shooting the two for accuracy from the bench it seems to me that the 9mm is more accurate than the .40. I've been using an EOtech 552 and sometimes the peep sights. The EOtech is a great system and I see it is very popular in Iraq. At 50 yds the 9 will print about 2 inches while the .40 does about 3.5. I'm using Win. white box FMJ ammo from WalMart. Anybody notice that accuracy disparity between the two calibers? I cleaned the .40 barrel really well and since it's chrome lined I doubt it's shot out. I'm going to use some lead free and try some different ammo and see if that makes a difference. I'm also going to look for a quick mount for the EOtech. I hope GGG makes one. I put a vertical foregrip on the 9 just to try it out. I'm not sure I like it yet. For target shooting it tends to get in the way. For room or yard clearing it would be an aid though. I live in the desert and like the addition of a Surefire light. Lottsa things that go bump in the night. I like the EZ handling and light weight of the Beretta too, and It's reliablity. Never had a feeding problem yet. I notice that my 96D mags and my 92 mags fit either piece. Since I have plenty of both I guess I'll stick with the correct one. First time posting here. I probably should have started another thread but since you CX4 gunners were already here... Somebody here mentioned a .45ACP CX4 and opined that they'd like one. I remember reading an article in Guns and Ammo sometime back where different pistol calibers were tested in carbines. The .45ACP was the only caliber that actually lost muzzle velocity. I suppose a good loader could come up with a load that would solve that problem though...It is my understanding that a .357 Sig is just a very hot 9mm. It feeds better but balistically I'm not sure if you gain much in a carbine. Keep shooting.

(Lancaster County)

Here is my Storm with a Kobra Russian red dot.

(Berks County)

Doug,

Does the EOtech sight magnify? If so, by how much? I ask because I didn't see any information about magnification on their website.

UPDATE: Never mind, found it on the website: no magnification.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; November 9th, 2006 at 02:38 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

yes, that's correct. there is no magnification.. it works great, btw!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    yes, that's correct. there is no magnification.. it works great, btw!
    If you can see out to 100yds without magnification, you have better eyes than I do.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast