Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Is there a finer range for the money than Palmyra Sportsman's Club?

Sixty bucks to join. Fifty bucks to renew.

And you get:
    Outdoor rifle ranges at 25, 50, 100, and 200
    Outdoor pistol "police-style" range
    Outdoor pistol pits, with pins, knock downs, and steel.
    Outdoor skeet and clays
    Outdoor archery ranges from 15-65
    Outdoor 3-D archery
    Outdoor shotgun patterning range (I believe this is finished now)

Indoor archery
    Indoor pistol
    Indoor smallbore

I think that's all, I haven't been there since December. In my travels, I've never, ever found a range that even comes close to having what this range has, not even counting the price.

There is no range officer unless there is a shoot, which I consider a plus. Police yourself and the others that are there. Everyone is quite very polite and responsible that I've seen so far.
    Flag of the Pennsylvania First Rifle Regiment.
    -Known as the "Widowmakers" by the British
    -"Domari Nolo"-Latin-"I will not be dominated"

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Is there a finer range for the money than Palmyra Sportsman's Club?

You're absolutely right, it's a great value.
    You didn't mention the youth programs, leagues, teams and organised events that include archery, air rifle, smallbore, shotgun, pistol and high power rifle.
    The organisers and coaches do a great job, as is evidenced by the winning teams and individuals that seem to be ever present there.
    I apologize if I missed anything.
    I've been a member for several years, but haven't been active in the organised events, (due mostly to my work schedule). Even though I only shoot there occasionally, I don't mind paying the dues just for the satisfaction of knowing that I belong to and help support a top notch association.

How busy does it get there and where exactly is it located?
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    How busy does it get there and where exactly is it located?
    That just depends. Some days it gets pretty busy, but there have been several days that I had the whole place to myself. Most of the time it's not too busy at all, and true to the sportsman's basic nature, most of the people there are easy to get along with, polite and helpful, so even when you are sharing the range it's no big deal.
    I work the 3 - 11 shift so I can go out there weekdays while people with "normal" work hours are wasting a beautiful day earning the money to support their habit. ( I waste the beautiful evenings to support my habit).

MAP INFORMATION
    The address to find us on a computer map program such as http://www.mapquest.com, is Sportsman Rd and Plum St, Palmyra, PA.
    Sportsman Rd is located off of route 117N, about 1.8 miles north of route 422.

For a decent reference point, it's a few miles east of Hershey.

http://www.palmyrasportsmens.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    That just depends. Some days it gets pretty busy, but there have been several days that I had the whole place to myself. Most of the time it's not too busy at all, and true to the sportsman's basic nature, most of the people there are easy to get along with, polite and helpful, so even when you are sharing the range it's no big deal.
    I work the 3 - 11 shift so I can go out there weekdays while people with "normal" work hours are wasting a beautiful day earning the money to support their habit. ( I waste the beautiful evenings to support my habit).

MAP INFORMATION
    The address to find us on a computer map program such as http://www.mapquest.com, is Sportsman Rd and Plum St, Palmyra, PA.
    Sportsman Rd is located off of route 117N, about 1.8 miles north of route 422.

For a decent reference point, it's a few miles east of Hershey.

http://www.palmyrasportsmens.com/

Thanks, I've been spending ALOT of time in Lebanon for the last year and I'm always looking for a place to shoot, as much as I'm up there I might just get a membership and go shooting after work...
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Berks County)

I agree, it's a geat place to shoot,only wish I could get there more. If anybodies there and you see a fat guy with a tan ballcap(from Stubby's) shooting a 1911A1,riot gun,AK or my sons 10/22 (gotta break it in, he's only 3 ) come on over and say hi.

(Lebanon County)

I was just there about an hour ago. I like to go on monday afternoons, because there's usually just one guy there about a 1/4th of the time shooting some weird gun at 100 yards. He happen to teach me some excellent sightings techniques.

The only problem I have with the place is those huge swarming black bees that are all over at the rifle range. They're all constantly bothering each other, and crashing into each other about a couple of feet away from me every minute. Not to mention the noise they randomly generate. Sometimes you barely hear them, and every thing's nice, but then it sounds like 5 of them screaming went up your shirt. It's hard enough to just stand still, yet alone shoot for decent marksmanship.

I've tolerated it before, but today it's either worse, or I'm losing my tolerance, because I just left wanting to punch my car for waisting the drive. At least I got some gas.

I was about to start a thread about those bees. I'd just like to know if that's normal at gun ranges, well?

(Lebanon County)

They are Carpenter Bees. They bore into wood and lay eggs so they can hatch and do it again. They can cause structural damage also. I was there Saturday, they weren't bad yet.

(Philadelphia County)

Theres no bees ,just some hawks circling around and maybe a occasional coyote at the Ft.Dix range.
    Your Kung Fu...not very good

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    They are Carpenter Bees. They bore into wood and lay eggs so they can hatch and do it again. They can cause structural damage also. I was there Saturday, they weren't bad yet.
    Well I'd say there's one for every couple of feet now, and at a rifle range their nests aren't good to have around. Personally, I want them gone, and it pisses me off that I have to deal with them seeing I hate bees.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast