Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Got to the range finally with my Mosin

Ran about 40 patches through it when I got it (need a bore snake badly for it, actually broke my rod cleaning it after the trip to the range) and took her out to Atglen last weekend.

First shot and I was 4 inches off center. Not bad iron sights first time shooting the thing. Fired off a few more with similar results but man, that combined with throwing a few slugs with the Saiga and I am going to invest in a shirt with a built in shoulder pad.

Loved it, loved watching the leaves and stuff billow away fifteen feet out.

Found out my AR wasn't zeroed when I went up and none of the 30 rounds even hit paper, but thats a different story.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got to the range finally with my Mosin

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    actually broke my rod cleaning.
    the steel rod???

man, that combined with throwing a few slugs with the Saiga and I am going to invest in a shirt with a built in shoulder pad. .
    wuss lol

there is nothing like a mosin, the 105mm scaled down to a rifle lmao!!!

get yourself some steel core x54 and shoot at cinder block walls, pure destruction at its best..... its insane lol
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Venango County)

It is a fun gun to shoot isn't it? I love mine, I need to get a new stock for it. Mine split, and I am debating on if I should spend the $35 on ebay for an original, or the $50 for a synthetic.

What do you have? 91/30? 38? 44?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    It is a fun gun to shoot isn't it? I love mine, I need to get a new stock for it. Mine split, and I am debating on if I should spend the $35 on ebay for an original, or the $50 for a synthetic.

What do you have? 91/30? 38? 44?
    not trying to push one or the other but I am one of those damned purists who would go with the wood stock but i did get a chance to shoot an m38 with the ATI synthetic and it was sooooo much more comfortable than the timber but my experience was with an m38 laying in the synthetic the m44 or 91/30 may not be as comfortable but i don't know to judge. which ever you get, if you don't like one or the other then there are plenty of people that will buy it from you or make a trade. mosin parts are very desired.

(Lackawanna County)

What you need is a stock designed to handle the recoil. I'd suggest Chrome-Moly thick-wall, with roll cage padding.

My range doesn't let me use a Mosin anymore, since the muzzle-blast leveled all of the trees.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Montgomery County)

I honestly don't know which it is.

I went to the store and wanted to buy something, saw the cheap 7.62x54 and asked if they had any Mosin in stock, they did and I got it.

I really like!
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Venango County)

I honestly don't know which it is.

I went to the store and wanted to buy something, saw the cheap 7.62x54 and asked if they had any Mosin in stock, they did and I got it.

I really like!
    There are a few ways of telling. What is the over all length? Bayonet on the side, or barrel mounted?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    the steel rod???

wuss lol

there is nothing like a mosin, the 105mm scaled down to a rifle lmao!!!

get yourself some steel core x54 and shoot at cinder block walls, pure destruction at its best..... its insane lol
    Mine was just a rod you screw together. Just ran it through one too many times.

(Allegheny County)

Mine was just a rod you screw together. Just ran it through one too many times.
    oh, one of those aluminum rods? yeah they don't last long. my favorite cleaning rod is solid brass. it seems to handle the milsurp cleaning better than aluminum and the steel rods make a uncomfortable grinding noise which I don't like very much.

First shot and I was 4 inches off center. Not bad iron sights first time shooting the thing.
    Pretty normal unless you were shooting with a bayonet attached, Russians love bayonets and sighted them in to shoot with them attached

Usually about 4-6" high and right without it
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast