Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Treeline Sports Inc

First, I am not affiliated with this shop.

A member and I wanted to complete a transfer. He contacted the owner of treeline for the transfer. They have not completed their renovations, but the owner agreed to process the paperwork this morning.

After shooting the bull with Geoff, the owner, he impressed me as a guy I would do business with in the future. Geoff hopes to be open for business sometime in March. Any fellow members looking to buy and sell guns should check out his shop when it opens. He told me he does consignments also. He is a frequent vendor at the local gun shows also.

His address is 1447 W Main Street in Norristown. I felt I had to mention Geoff and his business because of the cordial way in which we were treated. Normally I dread going into local gun shops because of the attitude of some folks behind the counter. Parking could become a problem for him though.

Dealing with courteous gun shop owners used to be the norm. Nowadays, many of them act like you are more of a nuisance than an actual paying customer. It was such a breath of fresh air to meet this guy, I thought I would pass along my impressions.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Treeline Sports Inc

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    First, I am not affiliated with this shop.

A member and I wanted to complete a transfer. He contacted the owner of treeline for the transfer. They have not completed their renovations, but the owner agreed to process the paperwork this morning.

After shooting the bull with Geoff, the owner, he impressed me as a guy I would do business with in the future. Geoff hopes to be open for business sometime in March. Any fellow members looking to buy and sell guns should check out his shop when it opens. He told me he does consignments also. He is a frequent vendor at the local gun shows also.

His address is 1447 W Main Street in Norristown. I felt I had to mention Geoff and his business because of the cordial way in which we were treated. Normally I dread going into local gun shops because of the attitude of some folks behind the counter. Parking could become a problem for him though.

Dealing with courteous gun shop owners used to be the norm. Nowadays, many of them act like you are more of a nuisance than an actual paying customer. It was such a breath of fresh air to meet this guy, I thought I would pass along my impressions.
    Did you get to meet his dad? he is a pisser to talk too! We used to set up straight across from each other at the VF gunshow and I still talk to him from time to time via email. He told me his son had decided to open a gun shop (they used to be just into Dillon supplies) I hope it works out good for him and as soon as he's is open, I plan on taking a run down if for no other reason then to show a few $$$ in moral support.

Rich W.

(Montgomery County)

Just wanted to let everyone know that they officially opened their shop last week and I stopped by there today to check out the store. I met the owner, Jeff, and his wife and both are very nice people. He is looking to get a good deal of reloading equipment into the store. I think he will make a great addition to the area and he said that he doesn't really mark up his products by much. Transfers are $30 and he also does internet transfers. His handgun selection wasn't huge (and I wouldn't expect it to be since he just opened) but he mentioned he can get pretty much anything from his distributers.

(Chester County)

I plan on stopping in and picking up some milsurp rifles.

You didnt happen to notice his hours by any chance ? Eventually ill call , just wondering because he doesnt put them on his site.

(Montgomery County)

I think he is open until 7:30pm most days but I would give a call just in case.

I have had a BAD experience with this place. I placed an order back in December 2012 and after doing so was told that the order couldn't be processed for some time. I understood the reason for delays at this time but couldn't live with the delay. I informed them to cancel my order immediately. A few days later the charge appeared on my bank statement. It's now 2 months later and I received no credit or merchandise. I contacted them several times and get nothing but the run around. I would suggest to anyone thinking of buying online from them to go somewhere else. The owner Jeff doesn't even extend the courtesy of a reply email or phone call regarding this matter. I have since taken the matter up with the AG office.

^^ would be nice if Mr.NJ updated his post after getting a refund as per his dedicated thread (crosspost!).

That being said, I stopped by Treeline last weekend. I let the employee know what I was looking for in general as a first time buyer and he was nice enough to take out all the single stack 9mm in the case to show me my options. Both employees present were patient & knowledgeable, explaining the differences & features. The employee I dealt with was familiar with where I work and offered to stay open late during the week if I called ahead, I really appreciate them being so accommodating!

(Montgomery County)

Just completed another transfer at Treeline Sports; service is always quick and friendly. Brandi is always nice to talk to and she has some cool tats. These are good people.

I bought a M91/30 from these guys at the VF gunshow two shows back...Price on the rifle was a little higher than everyone else, but I think their selection of rifles was nicer also.

Great people to do business with.