Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Will the Government Use Desperation As An Excuse?

Every day I read another story (or two or three) where desperation has set into a family or a person. You have read them yourselves ... a family slaughter because 'mom and dad' lost their jobs and didn't have any idea how to cope.

I am seeing these type stories more and more, people at the end of their whits, people so desperate they have resorted to robbery, murder and god knows what else in an 'attempt' to fix their particular problem.

The latest is this CNN story, four dead in two county shooting spree

Now I am not here to debate these crimes, I am asking one simple question:

Will the government use this horrid economic situation and hence the madness some people go through because of their 'circumstance' to try and show the country how 'evil' private gun ownership is? We are (right now) controlled by liberals that are SUPPOSED to understand what the 'little guy' is feeling, the desperation they are suffering .... why do I get the feeling they will twist this around so that the HORRID economy, nor the pain and suffering of otherwise hard working people has nothing to do with any of these crimes? That the fault will always lie at the feet of a gun?

I Open the topic up for discussion, not for anyone to blame anyone but for the simple fact there are many out there right now that are saying 'what the hell do I do now', the people that are scared and now willing to do something 'stupid' to protect the their family .... are they to be the next scapegoats for the liberals to say 'you see, all guns are bad?'

review and discuss

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Will the Government Use Desperation As An Excuse?

Are you kidding?

replace will with "Has the" and you are 100% accurate. This has been occurring for decades already, look at DC, New York, Chicago, California... "We are in a war zone and we need to get the guns off the streets and out of the criminals hands so we are passing these new laws!"
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

The answer to your question is "yes".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Somerset County)

No , we have been assured , under oBAMA's reign we are safe with our guns
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Franklin County)

It will be presented the same way the Economic Destruction Package was presented.

"We don't want to take your guns away, but we have to do something. And besides...it's only temporary...until things improve again."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It will be presented the same way the Economic Destruction Package was presented.

"We don't want to take your guns away, but we have to do something. And besides...it's only temporary...until things improve again."
    Just like the Spendulous bill it will be several inches thick delivered just a few hours before the vote and no one (the house or senate) will read it prior to voting. What a rush to infringement.

Good post Greg
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Montgomery County)

The kooks in charge will use whatever means at their disposal to advance whatever agenda they choose. It doesn't matter what the topic, because they are doing the will of some segment of their districts.

It's the rule of the many by the few, but the few are those who banded together and imposed their political will.

It's funny to read liberal sites- they fear our groups just as much, if not more then we fear them. And they use the same arguments that we use against their politicians. All of us are getting played.

(Allegheny County)

Are you asking, will the govt use peoples suicides as a means to further their gun control policies????

Sure they will. They will use the same rational as any other prohibition. If we outlaw it, the problem will go away. Just look at all the sucess they've had with that mentality- alcohol, drugs, dwi, etc..

Does it make sense? no. But as long as people accept all the other empty promises of 'making the problem go away' the govt will continue to use that theory as fact.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Montgomery County)

I'm sick and tired of voting in rich people during these elections. These people don't represent the middle class at all, and I'm sick and tired of putting these assholes in office.

The Government better start throttling the Banks-builders -and real estate people, or it's going to get worse. We are asking the younger generation to afford homes coming out of college, when these people will have a hard time paying off their student loans, let alone afford a mortgage.

These speculators need to be controlled as well.

More people are going to lose their homes..and it's sad. The worst thing that could happen right now, is a tax increase, so the Messiah better tread water carefully, or we are headed for a depression.

Finally..where is the tax payers bailout? Millions of people in this country are suffering right now, and on the verge of losing everything they got.

Where is their bailout money?

Something has to change, cause people's salaries are not changing with the cost of living. Things are way too expensive in this country, and it has a trickle down affect on everyone.

Gas just went from $1.55 back up to $2.00. What gives here? The Messiah better make good on his "profit windfall tax".

So to answer your question, this Country is in Desperation..no more excuses!