Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Officer Shot, Killed In Olney 2/13 2000hrs

Thoughts and prayers with the Officers Family and Fellow Officers, WE NEED TO GO DO AN OPEN CARRY IN THAT AREA OR SOMTHING NEEDS DONE

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Officer.S....2.935152.html

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ―
    Click to enlarge
    A Philadelphia Police Officer was shot and killed in the Olney section of the city Friday evening.

A Philadelphia Police Officer has died after being shot in North Philadelphia Friday evening.

The unidentified officer was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center after being shot near the intersection of Broad Street and Olney Avenue. He later succumbed to his injuries.

Early reports indicate that the officer and his partner were responding to a report of a possible street fight at about 8:00 p.m.

Upon arrival, at least one suspect opened fire, striking the officer. The second officer returned fire, striking one suspect. The suspect was also taken to Albert Einstein.

A second suspect was taken into police custody. Sources said a handgun was found at the shooting scene.

The identity of the deceased officer has not been released, but he was an officer at the 35th District.

The shooting occurred only minutes away from where fellow 35th District Police Officer Charles "Chuck" Cassidy was shot on October 31, 2007 during a robbery. Officer Cassidy passed away on November 1, 2007.

Friday's fatal shooting is the 7th officer killed in the line of duty since May 2006.

Default Re: Officer Shot, Killed In Olney 2/13 2000hrs

Quote Originally Posted by hot91mr2t View Post
    WE NEED TO GO DO AN OPEN CARRY IN THAT AREA OR SOMTHING NEEDS DONE
    I sense that you mean well, but this would be viewed by PPD as antagonistic and even threatening.

(Chester County)

I dont know what an open carry would do except entice more antigun people and propably anger cops. What needs to be done is crack down on these criminals getting out of jail,on technicalities, All of these Scum cop killers have long criminal histories, Pressure the Lawyers and public defenders ask them why these guys are allowed out of prison? Ask them how they sleep at night knowing a criminal they defended kills a cop. The other thing is overcrowded prisons, we need to build new jails, let them put that in the stimulus package
    All thats gonna happen is Mayor Nut job is going to crack down on gun owners,another excuse for them to ban guns, which we know wont do a Damn thing except make citizens more defenseless

(Delaware County)

I feel for the officers family and the entire department. It's getting ridiculous. I understand what the OP is going for but agree that any showing of support from the 2A advocates would not be looked upon with much positive regard.

Officer was 25 years old, with a new wife that is 2 months pregnant. Dude that shot him, again, is no stranger to the PD. It'll be interesting to hear the details on that history.

Keep your heads about you guys. Until the economy turns around, chances are, things will get worse for ANY that have what the "have-nots" want.

Keep your head on straight, take care of your own, Write letters to your Judges, local reps, etc.

Peace.
    "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money, the shit has hit the fan." - W. Zevon

(Delaware County)

maybe cops need to get back into beating the shit out of the criminals when they're tacking into custody...seems there wasn't as many cop killings back in the day.

now, criminals see cops as a normal person with 0 authority and shoot at will...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

Yeah, an OC event isn't even on topic.

A march bringing attention to the sissy-ass sentences these "Judges" are handing down would be more appropriate, IMO.

Sad news...my thoughts are with his family. My hopes are that his brothers find the shooter, and that justice is swift (hopefully in excess of 800fps).

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by hot91mr2t View Post
    Thoughts and prayers with the Officers Family and Fellow Officers, WE NEED TO GO DO AN OPEN CARRY IN THAT AREA OR SOMTHING NEEDS DONE .......
    Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    I sense that you mean well, but this would be viewed by PPD as antagonistic and even threatening.
    Well wishes for the family of the police officer for sure.

I've lived & worked in and around the City of Philadelphia most of my life. Can't think of any area that would be receptive to an open carry event, but I can tell you, Broad & Olney is definitely not one of them.

(Lehigh County)

well, Mayor Nutt-job was already on the news talking about "The City of Philadelphia has to do something about all these guns. We're all angry, and we are going to make whatever changes we need to to ensure our safety."

where's my popcorn?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    maybe cops need to get back into beating the shit out of the criminals when they're tacking into custody...seems there wasn't as many cop killings back in the day.

now, criminals see cops as a normal person with 0 authority and shoot at will...
    Bring back the Rizzo tactics.

Thoughts go out to the Officer's family and frinds. May his unborn child grow up knowing that their father died an honorable man.

The sad money quote from Nutter's remarks is an honest-to-God belief that he can "change the culture of this city."

H O P E ...

C H A N G E ...

Sound familiar?

Guns aren't the problem. Bad people are.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast