Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Question about MSAR STG-556

ANybody have one? How do you like it? I am considering doing a deal right now for an STG-556 with an EOTech.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Question about MSAR STG-556

i purchased a STG556 Christmas eve and i can tell you without a doubt the microtech spared no expense in developing and producing a top quality product. fit and finish is perfect and the rifle is balanced and points very well. i have not fired mine yet but i have seen various posts on different boards and i have yet to read anything negative. i also have a steyr aug and the microtech is just as good and maybe even better. i saw a NIB microtech at a shop called Tanners, i couldn't clearly see the price tag but the first 2digits were 18 so i figure at least 1800 maybe as high as 1899. this one was with the rail and did not have the 1.5 optic. my one disappointment with my stg556 is it only came with one 10 mag. for 1800 dollars you really ought to get at least two mags. mags are a bit expensive, i've found 30 rd mags for 38 bucks and 42 rd mags for 45 bucks. i love mine and have no hesitation recommending to anyone that if they have the chance to purchase one. mine is a generation 4 and does not have the forward assist and is supposed to take aug mags.
    Last edited by wellcraft; February 14th, 2009 at 09:20 AM.

(Berks County)

Odd that you reference the one in Tanner's. The price is 1849, I believe. How do I know? There's is the one I was fondling the other day, and it's been driving me nuts ever since.

How will an Eotech go with this rifle, or would an AimPoint be better?

(Good timing on checking this post for answers, too!)
    Last edited by crlovel; February 14th, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

(Bucks County)

i purchased the one that came with the 1.5 optic because i prefer the original AUG look. I have 3 eotechs on various rifles so i'm partial to eotech but i think the aim point would look better on the STG556. both are fine optics and i don't think you could go wrong with either. i'm no optics expert so i really can't say which would perform better so i would suggest you take a look at both and see which suits your needs better.

Why not wait on the "E4" version to hit in about 6 weeks. It will use AR15 mags...come with extra rails and 2 of the MSAR AR15 mags.

I like Tanner's, but $1849 is MSRP for a Gen IV STG. Tanner's is good for FN items and Remington 5R rifles.

I really wished that MSAR would offer the Tan colored in the E4, because I want a tan STG.

(Berks County)

I honestly considered holding off on the E4, but for one thing. I like the look of the AUG-style mags. They just look awesome on the rifle.
    Last edited by crlovel; February 14th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Why not wait on the "E4" version to hit in about 6 weeks. It will use AR15 mags...come with extra rails and 2 of the MSAR AR15 mags.

I like Tanner's, but $1849 is MSRP for a Gen IV STG. Tanner's is good for FN items and Remington 5R rifles.

I really wished that MSAR would offer the Tan colored in the E4, because I want a tan STG.
    not to defend tanners but i've always found their prices to be the best in my area on everything and i haven't found anyone selling the microtech's any cheaper. prior to the election i did see some of the tan generation 2 STG556 with the forward assist selling for around 1600 but since the election all the microtechs i've seen have been in the 2K range.

i am anxious to see the new microtech ar15 mags that look like the aug mags. hopefully they'll be priced more in line with magpul mags and not as expensive as the stg mags.

(Franklin County)

i love mine!
    got it from RatWorx

and they are made in PA!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    i love mine!
    got it from RatWorx

and they are made in PA!!!

advocate that looks pretty cool with the eotech, i heard ratworx has about the best prices on the microtech stg556's.

Ratworx doesn't always have the lowest prices, but they always have MSAR items in stock.

As far as the Aug mags...MSAR "AR15" mags have that same polymer look, but it's not a waffle pattern. MSAR mags aren't the cheapest and tough to get from my search.

I almost bought a Tan STG from someone in PA last weekend, but it didn't work out. I really like the tan color, but I'll "settle" for the OD E4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast