Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Federal Classic ammo

Federal is producing some of their older style handgun ammo under the Federal Classic label.

This is top quality ammo, great defensive ammo at a very good price. They don't have the latest and greatest bullet designs, but these are effective rounds at a much more reasonable price.

For example, in 9mm the Federal 9BP was THE standard for civilians for years, and I've never found a round that is more reliably accurate. And by accurate, I mean ACCURATE. I'm extremely pleased that this ammo is available again. It's also got a good stopping record, and if you want to up the amps, they are also producing the +P+ 9BPLE, which used to be the preferred law enforcement round. I've found the 9BPLE online for $20 for 50 rounds.

In .38 Special, they are selling the 158 GR +P LSWC HP round, which used to be the flagship round for both civilians and law enforcement, and is still a very good choice, especially at $20 for 50.

In .45 ACP, they are selling their 185 gr and 230 gr JHPs. Both very good rounds, reliable in many guns that like hardball only, and accurate. $23 for 50.

This ammo doesn't have the latest and greatest, fancy dancy bullets. But the bullets are time proven with both civilians and law enforcement, have good stopping records, is accurate, and reliable. In an age when top notch ammo is going for $25-$30 for 20, being able to afford to shoot our carry ammo more than very occasionally is a problem. This ammo provides an outstanding alternative. I used to trust my life to it, and have no problem doing so again. Great stuff for folks with really limited $$$.
    Last edited by JoeWilliams; February 13th, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Federal Classic ammo

45 special? lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post

This ammo doesn't have the latest and greatest, fancy dancy bullets. But the bullets are time proven with both civilians and law enforcement, have good stopping records, is accurate, and reliable. In an age when top notch ammo is going for $25-$30 for 20, being able to afford to shoot our carry ammo more than very occasionally is a problem. This ammo provides an outstanding alternative. I used to trust my life to it, and have no problem doing so again. Great stuff for folks with really limited $$$.
    It's also great stuff in terms of feed reliability. A lot of the modern ammunition has a wide/flat mouth -- Gold Dot, Hornady TAP, etc. 9BP/BPLE has an almost round ogive. It feeds in damned near any gun.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    45 special? lol
    Oops!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    It's also great stuff in terms of feed reliability. A lot of the modern ammunition has a wide/flat mouth -- Gold Dot, Hornady TAP, etc. 9BP/BPLE has an almost round ogive. It feeds in damned near any gun.
    Yeppers! I'm really happy the 9BP, in particular, is available again. I loved that round, and the price is great.

(Dauphin County)

I'll have to keep my eye out for these. Anyone know which retailers are likely to start stocking them?

-38SnubFan

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    I'll have to keep my eye out for these. Anyone know which retailers are likely to start stocking them?

-38SnubFan
    www.ammunitiontogo.com has them.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Thanks. Just checked out their site. I'll definitely have to consider a purchase.

-38SnubFan