Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Trafic Stop while carrying, long story.

So, the other night the ol' lady and i were doing some wheeling with my buddys. We were on our way home and i got off the exit and did a rolling stop at the stop sign. Well luck would have it a policeman was somewhere hiding and pulled me over.

I knew what i did, no big deal. Take the ticket and go right? Not so.

As i am sitting there, the cop comes up from behind and yells for us to put our hands on the dash where he can see them and i hear him radio in "I am going to need additional units" or something to that effect. My girlfriend and i do so, and he comes up to the window about 4 feet back with his hand on his gun, and yells "Are there any guns in the vehicle". I told him yes, as i carry and usually my girlfriend does as well. He then tells us to keep our hands where he can see them and for me to exit the vehicle slowly.

So now i am a bit confused and am wondering why i am getting this special treatment. So i exit the vehicle and he tells me to get up against the vehicle. Now i was just wheeling on a 50 degree day and we still have snow left, my vehicle is a mess with mud. So up against it i go, he comes up and and unholsters my firearm and takes it, and takes my pocket knife. Then pats me down and asks me if there are any other weapons in the vehicle. I said "No, well, Tiff do you have your gun on you?". She said no so that was that. He turns me around and walks me to the back of the vehicle. Takes my info and asks me again, "Sir are there any more guns in the vehicle?". I said no sir there are not. Then he says "Sir are you sure there are no other guns in your vehicle? Because the sticker here says 'Protected By Smith Wesson' and this here is a glock". I could not believe my ears. All this over a sticker? So i informed him that it was not a glock, but a Smith Wesson MP. He says alrite and tells me to get back in the vehicle.

I hear him walk back to the vehicle and open the door, as soon as he does his k-9 unit explodes into barking and it seriously sounds like he is going to bust straight out of the door. That dog was having a fit over something, i bet he tore the back of that car apart. I do not know if it was him having objects that were mine with him or what, but it was one seriously upset pooch.

Now another officer shows up, and this new officer comes up and asks my girlfriend to exit the vehicle with her hands above her head. She does so, and they take her to the back of the vehicle where i can hear them questioning her. "Mam do you have any weapons on you?" She says no, and they pat her down. Then they ask her is there are anymore weapons in the vehicle and she tells them no. Then they ask her what is in the cooler in the back of my samurai, and she tells them beer. The cop asks if she is of age and if she has any identification. She tells them she is of age (22) and she does not have ID with her but gives them her name, address and such so they can do whatever it is they do. Sometime during this cop number 3# shows up and pulls in front of me.

Before they let Tiff back in the vehicle, cop #1 (original officer) walks up and shines his light in my samurai, walks to the passenger door and damn near crawls in the window looking around. He tells me he is just searching for any additional weapons. I tell him there are none and even offer to unlock my toolboxes in the back so he can look in there, he looks around and under my propane tanks and tells me that is not necessary and walks away. He then lets Tiff get back inside.

Now we are both sitting in the vehicle, and Tiff looks at me and says. He searched me. I told her they searched me as well and there was nothing we could really do about it, and she then tells me they checked her breasts and everything and she felt uneasy about it. She was sort of upset, but i didn't know what to tell her.

Officer 1 appears again, with a Breathalyzer and asks me to blow into it. I tell him no problem and he says nothing registered so i must of not drank much that night. I told him i don't ever drink much when i plan on doing any driving and he continues to hand me my ticket. Then he says "I hope you understand all of this is just for officer safety.' I told him i had no plans on hurting him. He tells me, i don't know you, just like you don't know me. Which is true just he is allowed to have a gun, mace, and a k-9 unit and i'm not. He then tells me that i can have the firearm back because it did not come up stolen in there database and hands me my unloaded gun, knife, and paperwork and gives Tiff my magazine and we parted ways.

So now i need a sticker that says, its a MP not a glock.
    Last edited by PAallterrain; February 11th, 2009 at 09:19 AM.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Trafic Stop while carrying, long story.

Holy fucking shit.

I'll let others chime in before I go off on this...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Northampton County)

What a load of crap. All this for no crime. I would file a complaint.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    What a load of crap. All this for no crime. I would file a complaint.
    I didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign. No contest there. Just thought it was a little thorough for a traffic violation.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Dauphin County)

You let the cop search your vehicle.....on what grounds? Because he THOUGHT there might be more weapons in the car? I would file a complaint. Plus the whole thing with your girl....that would of erked me.

(Mercer County)

Remind me to never roll through a stop sign in Hollidaysburg.

(Northampton County)

What a bunch of Nazis and perverts.

If he was really concerned for his safety, I wonder why he patted you down with somebody still sitting in the car and no backup onsite? Seems like he took a pretty big risk fumbling with your stuff and then turning his back on you to walk to his car before your girlfriend was secured.

Just reading that makes me uneasy.....I would file a complaint, if for nothing else than that pervert to be on record for what he did to your g/f. Did you get name/badge number at all. I was in a similar situation on, and got pulled over for my headlight being out. The cop went overboard and his patting down of my g/f was completely unnecessary. I could kick myself for not filing one.
    Last edited by Neo31rex31; February 11th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Lycoming County)

He was aware that you are an LTCF holder, and he still continued to look for additional firearms? Are you certain that you did not get stopped by the Retarded Policeman? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUVGf8B2yc )

I would ceratinly advise his Chain of Command/Chief or Twp. Supervisors that this is how he executes his duties.

I had almost the identical situation, excepted he pointed his 96D at my face and head, about 15 years ago with PSP, and he observed an actual revolver slide from under my passenger's seat.

Be safe (and a LOUD Citizen).

Scott

(Berks County)

If the encounter went as you described, there are so many things wrong with this stop that I don't even know where to begin. In the end it's your call, but if I were you I'd file a complaint with the department and seriously consider retaining legal counsel. No one should be treated in the way you were for simply rolling through a stop sign.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast