Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Smile West York Indoor Range

I drove by the West York Shooting and Supply indoor range today and noticed they were open. I work on Richland Ave. and have driven by there a number of times and thought they were shutdown. I stopped in today and the gentleman told me his rate is $15.00 for a 1/2 hour. You can bring your own targets and ammo and he also rents guns to shoot.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(York County)

Default Re: West York Indoor Range

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    I drove by the West York Shooting and Supply indoor range today and noticed they were open. I work on Richland Ave. and have driven by there a number of times and thought they were shutdown. I stopped in today and the gentleman told me his rate is $15.00 for a 1/2 hour. You can bring your own targets and ammo and he also rents guns to shoot.
    rather go to freedom armory..$12.50 1/2 and you can bring your own gun and amo as well..they also rent firearms too..and its an extremely clean nice state of the art place..$20 membership fee for the year.

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

stay away from that place if at all possible but if you have the itch to shoot and the weather is bad go ahead the guy that runs the place has a few screws loose....... now there is a guy in a wheelchair that volunteers there he is a good guy.

if you bring your own ammo he makes you pay more per hour and last time i was there it was $15/hour $9/half but it was $15/half if you bring your own ammo.

good luck i live a few miles from there only been there 2 times in 5 years and only pstols no rifles

(Adams County)

There's just something about the guy that doesn't inspire confidence. I bought my P 95 there, but haven't been back. Ask him what his transfer fee is- some ridiculous amount like $75.00. I'll pass.

Keith
    USMV M/C

(York County)

Bought my first and last pistol there and will not go back. He gives you that "the government is out to get me" paranoid feeling.

(Dauphin County)

When I stopped in there, 2 kids were lurking in the parking lot. They started asking me 20 questions about having a gun, buying a gun, buying them ammo, etc. Weird. So I went in the foyer and was buzzed in. The owner seemed nice enough, but told me about how the local youth would ride up on bicycles and show stacks of money and try to buy guns illegally. If he came off as a little paranoid I can't blame him. I would be too. I was going to shoot, but ended up running out of time. I'll probably go back.

(York County)

Smile Re: West York Indoor Range

Thanks for all the input. I also thought the gentleman who runs the place is a little bit off! The place was dirty and yes it is $15.00 per half hour if you bring in your own ammo. I am glad I posted this since I had no idea that New Freedom was so inexpensive. I thought it was much more expensive to shoot there.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Adams County)

I called him last year and was told $9/ half, and you must buy his ammo. I guess that changed slightly.

Keith, if you want a cheap transfer, I'd say Stubby Gear is the cheapest in our area. $20
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I called him last year and was told $9/ half, and you must buy his ammo. I guess that changed slightly.

Keith, if you want a cheap transfer, I'd say Stubby Gear is the cheapest in our area. $20
    Yeah, it was $9 per half hour last time I was in there. I think it was an extra dollar or two to shoot your own ammo (which was a change from before as well, it used to ONLY be his ammo) The owner does have some "unusual mannerisms" but he is usually pretty friendly/nice. Someone told me some back story that seemed to explain the situation there, but I don't recall it all.

I'm suprised about the price hike as that puts him in Freedom Armory's territory and people will most likely go there instead. (Sort of a no-brainer when you compare facilities)

As far as transfers are concerned, Last time I was at Shupp's Gunsmithing, he did transfers in the $7-10 range. I thought Stubby's did my last transfer for $15, but it's possible it was $20. Of course either or both could have changed in the past few months...

the guy that owns that place is a nut job...

i went in there and he started questioning me and why i was there. asking how i found out about the place and talking to me about how he has had a bunch of attempted roberies. he did get a few guns lifted a few months ago...

i prefer to find a friends land and use it, as freedom armory will take a lot of cash off ya just to shoot once in a while...
    This Space For Rent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast