Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Somerset County)

Default Just applied for a C & R License

I thought it would be fun to do and incase I saw a few good deals on the internet I can pick them up. Does anyone know how long it takes to find out if you are approved or denied? and what they will send you if you are approved?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Just applied for a C & R License

If you used your credit card, watch for the charge to show up on your statement. It helps if you can view your statement online. Most people get approved within 4-6 weeks. If you do get approved, you will get an envelope with your C&R and a HUGE packet of FFL info books. Most does not apply C&R's but it's still fun to look thru. In that packet will be the C&R listing of guns that are eligible for C&R.

Just a reminder DO NOT sign your original copy of your C&R. Make lots and lots of copies (you are going to need them ) and put the original in a safe place. Another thing I do is when I use my C&R, I write "File Use Only" above my name and over top of some of the typing on the license. This is supposed to help prevent somebody from stealing your license by whiting out your name and putting in their name. I doubt that would stop anybody but it at least it won't be easy.

Have fun and show us your purchases!

(Lawrence County)

Just remember to send copies to the major gun warehouses, like Midway USA and Brownell's to get their dealer discounts. It's not much, but pretty much equals free shipping... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Montgomery County)

I just sent for my C&R app from ATF. What all is involved in the actual filing of the application?

Thanks.

(Somerset County)

Thanks for the information! I will be patiently waiting to hear whats going on. If/when I get the C/R is it simply a piece of paper with a seal on it or not? If so I just send copies of that when I make my purchases?

(Lancaster County)

David

The C&R is basically a half-sheet of paper with your FFL number, some government legal mumbo-jumbo and your address. Nothing exciting. yes you will send a copy to make each purchase. I try to use a red pen to sign to show my signature is not copied. Only sign the copies as you buy just in case.

S. Bass

click here to walk you thru the application process http://surplusrifle.com/shooting2005...fl03/index.asp

(Somerset County)

I wasnt sure so I filled out all 4 pages and sent all 4 of them back. I made copies so I can take 1 to my local police station. Was that ok that I sent back all the paper work and only going to give my police station just a white copy?

(Chester County)

There is no reason you would not get approved if your allowed to own firearms.

To be in compliance with the rules, you will need some books.
    One to document your personal collection, one to record arms you purchased with your license.

I found this guy on the internet through another forum. his website is not the best, but call him (west coast times) and talk to him. he supplies everything you could need for a fair price. Plus I think it comes with free phone support
    http://rkffl.com/ he also sends you a list of places that sell C&R arms.

I got mine 1 year ago and it came with the thick book of rules.
    yesterday the ATF just send me a CD with all the state rules on it.

As other have said, don't sign your original FFL paper. I have a copy I scanned into a PDF on my computer. If I need it I print it out, sign it and fax it to someone.

(Chester County)

Be prepared for visits from the ATF. This has been happening to a lot of guys on ARFCOM recently. Now to be clear the ATF needs to schedule an appointment with you. They check your book and the firearms that were acquired using the C&R licsence. All of your other stuff should be out of sight and out of mind.

Dunno if they are running slow or what right now. I sent mine in almost a month ago and they haven't yet cashed the check I sent .... been watching my account too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast