Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Almost an OC Event!

Last night, five of us went to dinner at the Saucon Diner after gunlawyer's legal seminar. We pulled in and parked at a pizza place in the same parking lot, as that was our (SFN's) first choice. PAPatriot was already out of his truck, and as we were pulling up, I said to Mikey, "Hey, that's a cop parked right there!"

Sure enough, it was a uniformed police officer in an unmarked Suburban. He was just getting out of his vehicle and was looking very long and hard at PAPatriot. I thought for sure there was going to be a confrontation of sorts, and we warned Rich that the cop was checking him out. But then, nothing happened. The cop went into the video store, and we proceeded to the Saucon Diner.

Then today, I read this in the Morning Call!

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,1601789.story

A man estimated to be in his 20s engaged in lewd behavior inside the 48 Hour Video store in Hellertown yesterday, according to a police report.

Police are asking the public for help in identifying the man, who was described as white, between 5-feet-5 and 5-feet-7 with a thin build, dark complexion and goatee-style facial hair.

According to a police news release, the man loitered in the store, located in the Spring Hill Shopping Center, for a period of time "demonstrating lewd sexual type conduct" around 5:45 p.m. yesterday.

The man was last seen wearing a black beanie cap, a black jacket with red shoulders, black wind pants with white vertical stripes along the outer leg seams and dirty tan work boots.
    Anyone with information may contact police through the Northampton County Communications Center at 610-330-2200.
    This was going on right while we were there! Fortunately for Rich, he was only flashing his Glock. Otherwise, it could have been real trouble. As it was, all five of us OCd right into the diner and there was no problem, except that they had to go slaughter a pig to make our bacon.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Almost an OC Event!

Bill, I am completely confused! WHERE do you get the idea that it was MY choice to go to that place? LOL! I just said I was following you all and wherever you went was fine. (Just said don't take me to a chinese place and that I wanted to try something other then the diner. LOL) RICH was leading so...I think HE picked the place. heh.

(I thought the cop might be eyeing all of us up because we all pulled up in front of a closed establishment in the dark, got out of our cars and didn't appear to be going into any of the businesses there. Probably looked weird to him at first because for all he knew we were conspiring something other then dinner. That whole parking lot and we pull back to the dark corner...of course, we'd have to be pretty stupid criminals to be up to no good right in front of him but it's not like criminals have never done that before.)

(Lehigh County)

Man, I miss all the fun! Looks like Ill be at the next session after all (back from vacation in time) - so Ill be sure to let the boss know NOT to expect me for dinner.

There are a couple a really good places a few miles up the street if you go into Bethlehem as well. Also at least two in Hellertown that I know of... that dont serve cat either :-)

(Berks County)

Huh, guess JahWarrior took a trip up to Hellertown to pick up some DVDs...

I keed I keed.

(Franklin County)

Would there be an interest in a brunch/early lunch for anyone? This time, I had a "short" drive of 1.75 hours because I happened to be in Lancaster for the weekend, but the next two will be traveling from home, for a total of 2.5 hrs.+ each way. That cuts me pretty short on time to chit-chat after the class.

I know Pennsy has church commitments (perhaps others too), and this wouldn't necessarily be intended to replace a meal after class, just another possible option if it might suit some better, or even if they wanted to do both.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Would there be an interest in a brunch/early lunch for anyone?
    I'm sorry you couldn't join us, Greg! I'm interested, but my drive is about 1.5 hours. As long as we meet after 10:30, I'm good to go!

(Beaver County)

48 hour video?
    am i missing something here? i've heard of 24/7..
    Maybe I'll regret asking.....but I catch on qwuick
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMtnJack View Post
    48 hour video?
    am i missing something here? i've heard of 24/7..
    Maybe I'll regret asking.....but I catch on qwuick
    The video store is a chain around here, or used to be. I believe it was 48 hours that you could keep your rental, as opposed to 24 from most places. I think they got the idea from the restaurant next door, where it takes approximately 48 hours to get your order. Mikey is still waiting for his salad!

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    The video store is a chain around here, or used to be. I believe it was 48 hours that you could keep your rental, as opposed to 24 from most places. I think they got the idea from the restaurant next door, where it takes approximately 48 hours to get your order. Mikey is still waiting for his salad!
    What happened? Did his wife put him on a diet?

(Lebanon County)

Bill, if you could have only seen the look on my 1 year old's face when I read this and nearly fell outta my chair laughing:

Mikey is still waiting for his salad!

Poor kid stopped dead what she was doing and just stared at me like I had completely lost it.

ETA: Greg, yes, I would be interested in a before meet too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast