Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Help

(Schuylkill County)

Default Help

I belong to a fire company who does block shoots. We had a problem at our previous block shoot about where we shoot. Does anyone know of anyone who can come to our fire company and check to see where we shoot if it is a safe place. Please if you know of anyone let me know thanks

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Help

Talk to the local police. That is their job to enforce the laws, so they should be very helpfull. If your located in Cass they recently passed a new zoning about shooting so look into that.

Basics, Good backstop, your on your own property, and if your aware of what is beyond your backstop. Your backstop could be considered dense woods, mound of dirt( in our case probally coal. lol) or just plain distance. You are shooting a shotgun with bird shot so your effective range is very short.

(Schuylkill County)

thank you so much for the response. My local police force told me to go to the game commission and the game commission told me here so now i don't know what to do we are just going to have it and if anyone has a problem well then thats to bad lol. again thanks for responding

(Luzerne County)

The PGC won't get involved because they have no say as to shooting on private property.

The only way the police are going to get involved is if there is a local law against the discharge of firearms within their jurisdiction.

My borough has such a law, however.....if the fire dept wanted to have a block shoot the mayor and/or the chief of police could authorize the shoot.

As long as you are not in violation of such law, have a good back stop there should be no problem.

What kind of problem have you had? Sounds llike sour grapes from a neighbor?

(Schuylkill County)

you are right. We had a problem last nov. with a neighbor who just moved in a few months before. We have back stops and we shoot in to the woods so i don't see a problem but when u have neighbors who complain, now we have to make sure everything is in order. but i am sure if this neighbors house was on fire she would expect us to come put it out but she doesn't want us to do fundraisers to keep us going.

(Schuylkill County)

If you still need it, I could lend my limited knowledge one day next week. BTW where did these people move from?

(Schuylkill County)

i have no idea we have never had a problem until our last block shoot in Nov. This person was complaining b/c we were on the road and she couldn't go her usual 60mph on a road that is 25mph. So since she complained we have to make sure everything is legal incase she decides to do anything

(Schuylkill County)

Aww I C. Might be a good place for your local LE to hang out.

Actually, in NC, we had members with the SO and SHP volunteer to provide security for events.

Let me know if I can do anything