Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default This AR any good?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta...roduct556.aspx

Looking to get an AR, just wanted some info on this one. IF it isn't any good, what company makes decents ones.
    "

Default Re: This AR any good?

Del-Ton is a good company, so you shouldn't have any problems. Since the company you linked to is selling a Del-Ton, why don't you just buy it direct from Del-Ton?

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Philadelphia County)

This is the most f'ed up policy I've ever seen!

"2. Our web site is a catalogue of the products we carry , listed is everything we offer but that does not mean it is in stock . Due to extreme high demand & fluctuating inventory, it is important to confirm availability prior to placing an order. If you fail to confirm availability and still place the order and your order needs to be cancelled, you will be charged a $30 cancellation fee."

Beware.

Al

(Philadelphia County)

You could buy a stripped lower and a kit from Delton and get the same gun for at least $125 less.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post

"2. Our web site is a catalogue of the products we carry , listed is everything we offer but that does not mean it is in stock . Due to extreme high demand & fluctuating inventory, it is important to confirm availability prior to placing an order. If you fail to confirm availability and still place the order and your order needs to be cancelled, you will be charged a $30 cancellation fee."

Beware.

Al
    That is pretty retarded, and I guess they don't want the burden of updating their website for in stock items. Best just to call in the order in that case.

To the OP,
    I built mine from a DEL-TON kit on a Stag lower in August of 08 with a chrome lined LW barrel instead of the M4, no hard case, no mag, no carry handle, and it cost me $647 total. I have no complaints, aside from I could have had 2 more AKs for just a little bit more $. Considering the current prices on these, I'd say it's not a bad deal... if they actually have it in stock.

I ordered directly from DEL-TON when I built mine, but they seem to be pretty backed up right now.
    Last edited by Huggy; February 9th, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Del-Ton is a good company, so you shouldn't have any problems. Since the company you linked to is selling a Del-Ton, why don't you just buy it direct from Del-Ton?
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    You could buy a stripped lower and a kit from Delton and get the same gun for at least $125 less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggy View Post
    I ordered directly from DEL-TON when I built mine, but they seem to be pretty backed up right now.
    Del-ton says 12-16 weeks, so if you order TODAY you may get one from them by JUNE. and 16 weeks in no guarantee either.

to the OP,
    del-ton is a fine rifle, its not 'top of the line" but its not junk either. I know quite a few people that built on del-ton kits and are very happy.

make sure to check with Atlantic to see if it is even in stock though.

and from what I have heard Atlantic is one of the better companies to deal with. They stand by their product.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post

Beware.

Al
    Unless these are custom, to order items that you are ordering this cancellation fee policy is totally illegal based on Federal statute. IANAL but I have done work in the e-commerce world dealing with FTC (Federal Trade Commission) regs.

I just would NOT do business with this company.

Good luck.

(Somerset County)

If you are buying it from atlantic firearms then it will probably be sold out like everything else they have. I have tried to order 3 times from them different things and everytime they are SOLD OUT. and have no idea when they will be getting them back in stock. I have an idea how about taking the items off your website if do not have them in stock. Just put up the 1 mag and 2 guns you currently have at your warehouse.