Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: open carry

Default Re: open carry

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Q: If open carry is legal in Pa. why are there issues with it?

A: Open carry has always been legal in Pa. but due to a number of reasons fell out of favor. Additionally, the removal of OC as a common occurrence enabled the propagation of legal folklore to propagate. Of course, this was prior to the age of citizen legal enlightenment (AKA: the internet )
    So when OC began to become of interest to people again, there were hurdles in the form of ignorance on the part of citizens and law enforcement alike. Years of folklore about how OC was illegal is not easy to overcome and doesn't happen overnight.

I'm pretty interested in these reasons for the die-out of OC. What do you think caused it?
    While the wicked stand confounded, call me with Thy saints surrounded.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaRogue View Post
    I'm pretty interested in these reasons for the die-out of OC. What do you think caused it?
    I think there are many reasons.
    One of the reasons I think was one of the larger was the cultural change of opinion about firearms incident to them being demonized in the media an by politicians. The PC trend drove a lot of otherwise non concerned gun owners/carriers into hiding. What was once a totally normal thing (owning/carrying guns) was now something that was politically incorrect and people didn't want the hassle of defending their position against those that disagreed with it.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Pa. and all who answered,
    Thanks for all the information. I am on the outside looking in, I live in NJ (ouch). But I do carry when in Pa. and other states that honor my permit. I cc so want to make sure that if by chanced I sit or bend to get something and somebody sees my gun that I'm in for a long day.(owb) I was also curious as to the hassle factor of oc. As in let's say riding a motorcycle, wearing a gun, and your jacket or shirt exposes your gun. In sense making it OC. I could see how a group carry/ greet and meet oc event would be making some sort of statement though. I'm glad to hear that the individuals who where arrested did not get in any trouble and no charges were pressed. You guys are still very lucky to have what you have there in Pa. how ever you choose to carry. Point being, at least you have a choice. Thanks again!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Yeah I'd love to carry outside of the property I live on and outside of trapping/hunting, here in MD. But even with trapping, how do you carry a 6" barreled gun while wearing chest waders? LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Yeah I'd love to carry outside of the property I live on and outside of trapping/hunting, here in MD. But even with trapping, how do you carry a 6" barreled gun while wearing chest waders? LOL
    I understand Maryland is pretty bad as well with their gun laws. Friends of mine that drive through don't even stop for anything when transporting a gun in the trunk. I here the SS is pretty tough by you.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Smart carry?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12