Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Riddle me this?

(Northumberland County)

Default Riddle me this?

I am currently in north-central Texas on a project and went into a local Gander Mountain in Sherman to pick up some ammo and found a Ruger 77/22 I liked, but was informed by the clerk that he could not sell ANY firearms to Pennsylvania residents. He actually looked at some paper behind the counter before he answered me, and he checked twice. I made sure he understood a long gun not a pistol but the answer was the same. And no I did not ask to see this "mystery paper" but does anyone have any idea what may cause him to say this? I'll email Gander corporate this week. After spending $120 on 41 magnum ammo I was too ticked off to get into a debate with this guy. Any guesses?
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

Default Re: Riddle me this?

Some states have enacted their own laws pertaining to long gun purchases. Ask him to send it to a FFL in PA and do the paperwork there...just an idea.

(Northumberland County)

Sending to an FFL in PA would be OK but I'll be here for most of the year and want to use it here on vermin and such.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(York County)

Ask to speak to his boss.
    You may learn something about Texas law or Gander Mountain may learn something about federal law. Of course, this may be a store policy.
    Can't hurt...

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Ask to speak to his boss.
    You may learn something about Texas law or Gander Mountain may learn something about federal law. Of course, this may be a store policy.
    Can't hurt...
    If there were less people in the firearms area I would have done that. I can't find anything in Texas law, but I admit my search skills are not the best. As far as federal law goes, not sure there is anything there, it has never been a problem before in other states. They even recognize our LTCF down here, I'm leaning tword store policy. I'll send corporate an email this week, and we'll see what they say.