Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Hi-Point Firearms C-9

Does anyone have any personal experience with Hi-Point Firearms? In particular I am wondering about the C-9.
    Thank you.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hi-Point Firearms C-9

i've read from people that love them and people that hate them but i have never fired or owned one myself. i hear they have a life time warrenty and hi-point will repair/replace any of their guns without hassling you. with that said there are better alternatives available for the same price or a little more. the military surplus pistols available like the makarov's or CZ's are great pistols that will out shoot any hi-point any day. all of the reputable gunshops in my area refuse to carry hi-point because they are considered junk.

(Cambria County)

The C-9 was my first gun. got it off of a friend CHEAP i mean like it cost as much to transfer the thing. Its heavy as a brick. Reliable...not mine, stove pipes all of the time and i do not "limpwrist" the thing. the last round ALWAYS jams in it. I think its a mag issue though. and the slide no longer locks open when its empty, but that could be a bad mag too. I could not hit anything with it so save my life. neither could my friend or anyone elese that has ever shot the thing. if you can hit the paper it seems like luck with that thing. I thought for a while that i just suck at shooting, but i can put down some pretty good groups with my SR9 and my 22 i can hit anything with it. so i say its the gun. Super affordable though...but you do get what you pay for
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

(Lancaster County)

I have a 380 and love it. I could not hit the paper with my Glock 19 and can hit it everytime with the HP. I had a problem with feeding till i polished the feed ramp and adjusted the lips on the magazine, now no failures. You cannot limpwrist it or it will not eject correctly. Hollowpoints are touchy with them, try and find / use the most rounded ones you can, i like the federals. I have never had to send mine back for any service. It is built like a tank, heavy, I dont carry mine, but great shooting gun. I prefer the ghost ring sight that comes with it.

(Lebanon County)

I own a C9, and I don't like it.

Cool Re: Hi-Point Firearms C-9

I have a c9 and I like it never had any trouble with it is a bit heavy but I like a gun with substance it feels good to me and at fifty yards I can hit the target most every time and I am not all that good with pistols

(Lebanon County)

What target are you hitting at 50yds with a handgun and while not being all that good with pistols? With a Hipoint C9 of all pistols..... If you say a car/bus, or that your shooting from a rest then cool. If your claiming to be hitting an apple/golf ball/frisbee with a weaver or something, I would just love to see that. Your location says Montana, so YouTube will work

(Cambria County)

Ya i wouldnt believe it if some one told me that they could hit any of the four sides of a big red barn at 50 yards with a hi-point...unless they had a very good throwing arm. or a big sling shot to launch it
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

(Franklin County)

Thank you everyone for the responses. I know you usually get what you pay for. I had not heard or seen much about Hi-Point, so I figured this would be a good place to ask. Once again, thank you for the replies.

(Lehigh County)

i got a compensated c9 its heavy and jams when clean but it eats everything i put in it once it has some grime in it. mine is a great shooter up to about 10 yards after that who knows i wouldnt trust my life to it though. me and my buddys love beating the crap out of it tryed to break it but no such luck so far put thousands of rounds through it only took it apart once. but i could have just been lucky to get one that kinda works. id say for cheap shooting fun get one for home protectionor personal protecion on a budget shop used and or milsurp my makorov works flawless but ammo is a little more costwise and the makarov when i bought it was cheaper than the c9 which i bought a month before paid 150 for c9 and like 90 for tha mak
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast