Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Ammo encoding in PA

A friend received a response from Representative Keith McCall to a letter that he sent him asking him to vote against this bill. Here is his response.

“I share the concerns you have as a hunter and agree with you that the bill is both unnecessary and unwise. T he Pennsylvania bill (H.B.2228) was introduced last February and then referred to the House Judiciary Committee where it received no further consideration at all. When the last legislative session came to an end in November of 2008, the bill officially died. In the event any new bill with this purpose is introduced in 2009, I expect the same outcome. If such a bill ever does come to a vote, I would oppose it vehemently.”

This bill is dead. Thanks to everyone that wrote to their representatives.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Ammo encoding in PA

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    A friend received a response from Representative Keith McCall to a letter that he sent him asking him to vote against this bill. Here is his response.

“I share the concerns you have as a hunter and agree with you that the bill is both unnecessary and unwise. T he Pennsylvania bill (H.B.2228) was introduced last February and then referred to the House Judiciary Committee where it received no further consideration at all. When the last legislative session came to an end in November of 2008, the bill officially died. In the event any new bill with this purpose is introduced in 2009, I expect the same outcome. If such a bill ever does come to a vote, I would oppose it vehemently.”

This bill is dead. Thanks to everyone that wrote to their representatives.
    Post up if you hear about it being reintroduced. I didnt know about it last time so I couldnt write my reps but next time I will be writing some very strongly worded letters to let them know how unwise it would be to support something like that.