Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: ATF Wait?

(Allegheny County)

Default ATF Wait?

Guys,

I ordered a YHM suppressor second week of November 2008. It has been 12 weeks, and I'm still waiting on the first part of the transfer. From YHM to my Local III Dealer.

Does anyone know if the transfer from Manufacture to III Dealer takes longer than From III Dealer to Me? Last year I did a SBR in about 4 weeks.

Or is this just part of the current transfer environment?

Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ATF Wait?

I have not done any recent transfers---so take it for what you paid for it. But from all my reading on the web, transfers are taking much longer 3+ months. Dealer to dealer times have also increased. There was a time when form 3 transfers were being processed in 3 weeks but they too are taking longer. From what i gather, there are less people working at the atf and that is why the delay.

I'd call your dealer and ask them to call YHM to make sure they sent in the form 3. Sometimes the manufactures don't have them in stock when you place the order so not only do you wait on the transfer but on the manufacturer to actually build them.

Good luck.

(Northampton County)

Holy crap!

(Montgomery County)

Actually, the NFATCA will address this in the March SAR (Small Arms Review Magazine).

apparently the amount of transfers increased HUGELY over the last year, this is a combinations of people using Trusts to gain NFA items, AND election stuff i'd assume...the "get it while ya can"

for example, in regards to paperwork, the NFA branch in Martinsburg WV did the following:

The number of forms processed between October 2006 & October 2007 = 556,495

the mumber processed between October 2007 & October 2008 = 973,409.

this is all forms, not just Form 1 and Form 4s...

clearly they are very busy
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lebanon County)

I just placed an order with YHM and he said his transfers were taking 10-12 weeks. at least it is not like 5 yrs ago when they took 6 months

(Berks County)

NFATCA...there's another organization that is just WAY too close with the BATFE. It is amazing that when interviewed, they will say that they are "unaware" of any instances where the inaccuracy of the NFRTR has caused any innocent individuals to have been hassled, threatened, or charged by the BATFE. Even when confronted with examples of such, some of which are documented to the nth degree, such as Mr. Napolilli, they closeup like a venus fly trap. So ask yourself, just why aren't they concerned? Just why are those who "are on our side," playing hide the salami? They are no different than any politician...they have their own agenda and while sometimes ours and theirs may overlap, we will be thrown to the dogs where there are differences. Food for thought...

(Beaver County)

My experience with recent transfers for two different guns -

Form 4 out of state to in-state dealer sent Oct 10 2008, back Jan 8 2009 - 90 days

Form 4 in state dealer to me (LLC) transfer sent Nov 7 2008, back Jan 29 2009 - 83 days

Both were over the holidays which probably slowed them down a bit. Note that the Form 4 approval to the dealer took longer than the approval to the LLC.

(Delaware County)

My limited experience is that no one knows how long anything is going to take. I ordered upper receiver parts from DPMS and was told my lead time was on the order of 4 - 6 MONTHS. Except for the gas tube, I now have those parts in hand after about 2.5 months.

I haven't purchased a suppressor yet. I'm still in the process of choosing among all the possibilities. Also, I've decided it would be worth my while to get my LTCW renewed before going to the local chief to get his blessed signature on my Form-4.

There is also a little question of revenue short fall on my part :-(

The final thorn is that I want a can that is rated for 300 Win Mag. Even for a Whisper. I last bought a can in 1999. It was a hell of a wait. I don't expect any different this time around. So I want to make sure I spend the bit extra to have a can that will handle any .30 cal I own.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    NFATCA...there's another organization that is just WAY too close with the BATFE. It is amazing that when interviewed, they will say that they are "unaware" of any instances where the inaccuracy of the NFRTR has caused any innocent individuals to have been hassled, threatened, or charged by the BATFE. Even when confronted with examples of such, some of which are documented to the nth degree, such as Mr. Napolilli, they closeup like a venus fly trap. So ask yourself, just why aren't they concerned? Just why are those who "are on our side," playing hide the salami? They are no different than any politician...they have their own agenda and while sometimes ours and theirs may overlap, we will be thrown to the dogs where there are differences. Food for thought...

yeah, clearly the NFATCA has evil intentions about reporting stats on paperwork increase numbers.

I doubt anybody from the NFATCA even knows this board exists, so its unlilkely they will adress any of your questions.

dont hijack this thread, take it up with them, or start your own thread on the "evils of the NFATCA"
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply