Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Senators Reach Tentative Deal on $805B Economic Stimulus Bill....

Here comes the catastrophe!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...omic-stimulus/

Senators have reached a tentative deal on a version of President Obama's economic stimulus plan, including about $805 billion in spending and tax cuts, that will win enough Republican votes to move forward.

Sen. Ken Conrad, D-N.D., told FOX News that "there are at least three" Republicans willing to sign onto the bill, giving Democrats the 60 votes needed to advance the bill to a final vote.

Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he doubts a vote will take place Friday night, suggesting the Senate will act sometime next week, though Democrats are more confident that a vote is imminent.

As part of the deal, spending in the bill was reduced while tax cuts were increased.

Obama is pushing for the massive spending plan to jump-start the economy, which otherwise, he says, could be headed for "catastrophe."

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Senators Reach Tentative Deal on $805B Economic Stimulus Bill....

Let me guess...Benedict Arlen is one of the Republicans.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    Yup. His phone was busy all day... What a fraud.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by stevieb92 View Post
    Yup. His phone was busy all day... What a fraud.
    I heard he even stiffed Sean Hannity. Hannity tried to get him on his program, but he couldn't get through.

I don't think he bothers to read my e-mails, either. The guy needs to be booted out, since he's surely not serving his constituents.

(Lawrence County)

I tried calling him all day also, on 4 different #'s I had for him. I couldn't get a human to answer any of them. It's my new resolution to bash this guy in any political conversations I have with anyone who will listen until he is voted out of office or I am dead, whichever comes first. He might as well be a democrat, you hear all these libs bitching about Bush but look at what a democrat controlled congress has done in just 4 months, 1.5 TRILLION dollars between this joke of a stimulus and the whole banking deal. I despise what this country is becoming. Here's your change.

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    My guess is Collins, Specter, and Chafee. Chafee is a Republican in the same way that Lieberman is a Democrat (IE: both are independents), but came out for Obama in the election.
    Last edited by FNG19; February 6th, 2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Updated to reflect the correct liberal republican from Maine

(Lancaster County)

The turd is speaking to the senate right now. He admits that this thing is unwanted by the people of PA but he still is going to vote yes. He's trying to rationalise his reasoning. What a fucktard!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    The turd is speaking to the senate right now. He admits that this thing is unwanted by the people of PA but he still is going to vote yes. He's trying to rationalise his reasoning. What a fucktard!!!!!
    What an arrogant SOB!!! Admitting to vote against his constituents wishes and on national tv no less!!!!

I've got blood shooting out of my eyes!!!

Can't we impeach this pos?

(Northampton County)

Thumbs down Re: Senators Reach Tentative Deal on $805B Economic Stimulus Bill....

Huzzah!

The Republic is nigh. Long live the Obama!
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post

Ok, I'm just an ignorant hick here, but if you boil down to the basics, isn't the senators (and representatives) jobs to vote the way they feel their constituents feel? At least thats how I think it should be. Fuck him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast