Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: I live in Lehigh County...does anyone know me (for my LTCF references)?

It shouldn't matter what county (or state, for that matter) you live in. What if you just moved to PA from, say, Nebraska and didn't know anyone? All your acquaintances and former co-workers were left behind.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I live in Lehigh County...does anyone know me (for my LTCF references)?

I gotta say I gave it the old college try with the ladies at the lehigh county sheriffs office and they weren't having it.

You can't fight city hall and they are the ones issuing the license so unless you want to take legal action you have to produce two lehigh county references. They didn't call any of my references so it hardly mattered.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waverip11 View Post
    Lawrence county was the same way. When i went to apply they told me the references had to live in the county. Was a headache but i ended up finding two people. Butler told me the exact opposite as anyone in the country can be your reference. Maybe it varies from county to county. Good luck.
    It shouldn't vary form county to county. The law is called the Uniform Firearms Act, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sn8k007 View Post
    You can't fight city hall and they are the ones issuing the license so unless you want to take legal action you have to produce two lehigh county references. They didn't call any of my references so it hardly mattered.
    You can indeed fight city hall and you can win, you just have to be pissed off enough to do it. Actually, there are a few threads on here by members that fought Sherrifs and PDs and won.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    It doesn't even have to be someone who lives in PA.

One of my references lives in Maryland. Didn't matter. They never contacted any of my references anyway.
    True... When we moved here from MD, we didn't know a soul. I just put down my friends from MD and even included the Chief of MSP. They didn't call anyone !

(Monroe County)

Not sure about where the references have to live, but make sure they CAN be contacted. I live in monroe county and both my references were contacted and had to mail back this little questionnaire thing about me.

~Steve

(Juniata County)

It's the same situation here in Juniata County. The LTCF application they sent me requires 2 references, one of which has to be a Juniata County resident, neither can be family members.

I am brand new to Juniata County (grew up in York/Cumberland Co's) so I only have acquaintances here--no one I would feel comfortable asking to be a reference on a LTCF application. This is really the only roadblock to me getting the permit.

Are there any Juniata County residents out there that want to be my "reference"?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    Not sure about where the references have to live, but make sure they CAN be contacted. I live in monroe county and both my references were contacted and had to mail back this little questionnaire thing about me.

~Steve
    ^^^This^^^ They do send check cards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    Very 1st sentence on that card...

"Person referenced....has applied for a License to Carry Firearms..."

Is that legal? I thought the application was supposed to be private??

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    "The person referenced, on the other side of the card below, has applied for a license to carry a firearm."

What about the confidentiality section? Does it not apply?

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Pa. C.S. §6111 (i)
    (i) Confidentiality.-- All information provided by the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant, including, but not limited to, the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant's name or identity, furnished by a potential purchaser or transferee under this section or any applicant for a license to carry a firearm as provided by section 6109 shall be confidential and not subject to public disclosure. In addition to any other sanction or penalty imposed by this chapter, any person, licensed dealer, State or local governmental agency or department that violates this subsection shall be liable in civil damages in the amount of $1,000 per occurrence or three times the actual damages incurred as a result of the violation, whichever is greater, as well as reasonable attorney fees.
    Edit: Damn, you beat me while I was looking up the citation!

(Bucks County)

I coudlnt find the cite....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast