Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Cabelas in Hamburg

I shop there often for hunting and outdoors stuff, but after starting to look hard at their prices, I don't think they are too competitive, especially on guns.

First off, for all their isles of ammo, their selection of target handgun ammo was pretty weak, plus was not cheaper than the local gun shops.

Plus their gun prices suck. They had a glock 23 for $560. I bought mine at On Target in Frackville for $490.

They may have a selection that goes deep, but I'd rather order it and get a good price from a local gun shop.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Cabelas in Hamburg

yea their ammo prices arent too good. i used to buy shotgun ammo there for goose hunting but dicks is closer and cheaper.
    when im there i browse the used guns. every now and then they have a good deal. i got a .22mag there with a scope for 120. most of the used guns are pretty clean too.

(Schuylkill County)

my fiancee works there so with her discount the prices are what you would pay at alocale shop.... so i cant complain too much and they pay half decent to boot.... but yeah with out her discount i wouldnt buy there either,.

(Delaware County)

LOL! Have you looked at the building? How do you suppose they pay for all that?

(Bucks County)

Have you looked at their prices on used guns? They're even worse. Used Glocks are going for $525.

The one good thing about that place is the coupons and credit card points. I signed up for a Cabela's club Visa card a couple of years ago. I don't use it very often but the last time I was there, I had $75 in points. I also had a couple of coupons. I bought $220 worth of stuff and I only paid $118 for it.

(Lehigh County)

They have decent prices on guns when they go on sale or have specials like 100 dollars off a purchase of 500. Just have to look for the sales.

(Centre County)

I like cabelas for browsing the used gun rack. Usually plenty of Springfield 45-70 trapdoor rifles and 30-40 Krags to tempt me

However, their prices are not the best. Example i picked up 1 lb of Hodgdon BLC2 powder for testing before i buy a 8lb online. 25$ for 1lb! Online its about 13-14$

Oh well, their used gun return policy KICKS ASS thats all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Lancaster County)

Cabelas is not a discount store. It is not supposed to be. It is an outdoors specialty store. They are following a particular business model in much the same way that LL Bean does, but with more emphasis on hunting than LL Bean. They are cultivating a climate of value (above average quality at reasonable retail prices), not discount price. It is the same idea as a place like Bed Bath and Beyond or Staples, Office Depot, etc. They do not claim to offer everyday discounts like at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure how they do with guns, since just about anyone would be aware of a local shop with better prices. But they make their store into a destination and then I guess people see something that is kind of cool and then they go ahead and buy it since they are already right there. That store actually has dog kennels so that if you've got your dog with you in the car, the dog can hang out at the kennel while you shop, instead of having to leave the dog in the car. They really succeed at making the place a true "experience" instead of just being a big box discount shop.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ursavus.elemensis View Post
    Cabelas is not a discount store. It is not supposed to be. It is an outdoors specialty store. They are following a particular business model in much the same way that LL Bean does, but with more emphasis on hunting than LL Bean. They are cultivating a climate of value (above average quality at reasonable retail prices), not discount price. It is the same idea as a place like Bed Bath and Beyond or Staples, Office Depot, etc. They do not claim to offer everyday discounts like at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure how they do with guns, since just about anyone would be aware of a local shop with better prices. But they make their store into a destination and then I guess people see something that is kind of cool and then they go ahead and buy it since they are already right there. That store actually has dog kennels so that if you've got your dog with you in the car, the dog can hang out at the kennel while you shop, instead of having to leave the dog in the car. They really succeed at making the place a true "experience" instead of just being a big box discount shop.
    Exactly right. Well said! The only bargins you will find there are their specials while using their coupons. Last year we picked up a new Savage Arms Model 64 .22 LR with scope and extra mag for $ 75 OTD. Can't beat that with a stick but its was just one of those deals.

Besides, baby loves the stuff animals

(Delaware County)

You usually can get stuff there that you can't get anywhere else.Especially in clothing.

Their gun library firearms are way too high. But they do have great rest room facilities.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast