Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default placed an order for my AR-barrel for my next built

now let the wait begin, I called up JP rifles tonight to place an order for my JPSM223-20M8 barrel, I talked to them last month about getting one and they told me there making there next batch as we speek witch should be done sometime late feb-early march. I heard a lot of good things about there barrels so we will see when I get it all together.

Default Re: placed an order for my AR-barrel for my next built

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    now let the wait begin, I called up JP rifles tonight to place an order for my JPSM223-20M8 barrel, I talked to them last month about getting one and they told me there making there next batch as we speek witch should be done sometime late feb-early march. I heard a lot of good things about there barrels so we will see when I get it all together.

3 gun shooting or benchrest?

Lycan's got me thinking of doing some 3 gun soon.

(Berks County)

all I ever do is target shoot LOL. Id love to go to a benchrest match sometime but theres never anything around here.

(Allegheny County)

Very nice ... that's an interesting muzzle brake. Haven't seen one quite like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Very nice ... that's an interesting muzzle brake. Haven't seen one quite like that.
    I think JP calls it a "Recoil Eliminator" or something. Not that the .223 round has much to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    I think JP calls it a "Recoil Eliminator" or something. Not that the .223 round has much to begin with.
    Get yourself a heavy/bull barrel, that compensator, A2 stock with lead weight dropped in it, nice bigass heavy glass with a solid mount (larue), float tube, good bipod/rest.

top it off when a 3lb or less trigger.

You wont feel a thing recoil wise.

I shot one like this and it was PSYCHOTIC how little recoil there was, but the thing was heavy as hell....It wasn't my gun but after I got my cheekweld tuned to his glass...using some hornady vmax....best group I ever shot in my life @ 100yards, 4 out of 5 shots were touching and you could almost cover them with a dime (the 4 that is) but two of the holes were sticking out just a little past the edge.

The owner was telling me about how 100 yards wasn't even fun anymore and it was kind of boring.

I've been considering a scoped build but have nothing but the complete lower receiver ordered/in hand yet....everything will be relatively cheap except the glass and the barrel.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Get yourself a heavy/bull barrel, that compensator, A2 stock with lead weight dropped in it, nice bigass heavy glass with a solid mount (larue), float tube, good bipod/rest.

top it off when a 3lb or less trigger.

You wont feel a thing recoil wise.

I shot one like this and it was PSYCHOTIC how little recoil there was, but the thing was heavy as hell....It wasn't my gun but after I got my cheekweld tuned to his glass...using some hornady vmax....best group I ever shot in my life @ 100yards, 4 out of 5 shots were touching and you could almost cover them with a dime (the 4 that is) but two of the holes were sticking out just a little past the edge.

The owner was telling me about how 100 yards wasn't even fun anymore and it was kind of boring.

I've been considering a scoped build but have nothing but the complete lower receiver ordered/in hand yet....everything will be relatively cheap except the glass and the barrel.

Just top off that lower with a LaRue complete Stealth 20" upper. My 18" will be here Monday. I'll let you know how it shoots