Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Smile Rod and Gun Club?

Hi All,

I'm checking in from just over the Carbon side--about few hundreds yards over...in Indian Mt Lakes. Who else here is local?

I'd like to join a rod and gun club, and saw the Palmerton Rod and Gun Club. I looked at the place and it seemed really nice...and all locked up, so I couldn't talk to anyone; no answer on the phone either. Based on appearance I'm assuming it's a real club that you could go to and contribute. Really nice, probably well worth whatever the dues and labor are.

Also found one in Jim Thorpe that had a place get a sandwich, an archery range and a hundred yard rifle range. If no-one responds that's probably where I'll go because you can talk to a person there when you call, and they seem like really nice folks. Would still need a place with pistol fans though...

And then I found Indian Mt which had a 2 or 3 year waiting list--yeah I'll get busy holding my breath on that one...lol But is it just a closed group of friends who bought some land, put in a range and stocked a trout stream? No offense intended as I would understand that. Either way I know that one is out...

Well, is anyone a member of these or any other local clubs? I've hunted in PA since I was 12, fished since I was 5 and been shooting since I was 10, but I've never been in a club. I'm looking to get into one, and possibly get the rest of the family into it as well.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Rod and Gun Club?

Palmerton Rod & Gun is nice, 300yrd rifle. The membership is cheap also. The easiest way to join is to go to the meetings. The meetings are on the Third Friday of every month. If I remember my membership cost $35.00 a year. You get a gate card to get in. The place is well secured and clean. The other club is the one I told you about in PM. It is just as nice as Palmerton but the membership will run you $150. bucks a year.

Rich W.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Rod and Gun Club?

Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm checking in from just over the Carbon side--about few hundreds yards over...in Indian Mt Lakes. Who else here is local?

I'd like to join a rod and gun club, and saw the Palmerton Rod and Gun Club. I looked at the place and it seemed really nice...and all locked up, so I couldn't talk to anyone; no answer on the phone either. Based on appearance I'm assuming it's a real club that you could go to and contribute. Really nice, probably well worth whatever the dues and labor are.

Also found one in Jim Thorpe that had a place get a sandwich, an archery range and a hundred yard rifle range. If no-one responds that's probably where I'll go because you can talk to a person there when you call, and they seem like really nice folks. Would still need a place with pistol fans though...

And then I found Indian Mt which had a 2 or 3 year waiting list--yeah I'll get busy holding my breath on that one...lol But is it just a closed group of friends who bought some land, put in a range and stocked a trout stream? No offense intended as I would understand that. Either way I know that one is out...

Well, is anyone a member of these or any other local clubs? I've hunted in PA since I was 12, fished since I was 5 and been shooting since I was 10, but I've never been in a club. I'm looking to get into one, and possibly get the rest of the family into it as well.
    Also living in IMLCA and received the same answer. I drive to the firing line in
    Allentown at this time or the outdoor range of 93.

(Carbon County)

Cool Re: Rod and Gun Club?

The range in Jim Thorpe that you speak of, is it on the east side of town?, if it is that is one that I'm a member of also.