Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Question Fellowship of enlightened gun enthusiasts:

Hey, I`m considering on purchasing a Bigger, Better, more Powerful, handgun!
    Any suggestions...I currently own a revolver, which I`m giving to my fiance`, any hoot, im a relative novice in the gun arena, and would certainly find your guidance beneficial! Im preferring a mag-gun this time, revolver holding only 5 bullets isnt enough for my ego! LOL! all the best, whim.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Fellowship of enlightened gun enthusiasts:

Is it to carry? If so, a stainless Ruger GP100 in 3 or 4 inch barrel. If just for shooting, jump up to the GP with a 6 inch. The 357 Magnum is as versatile a cartridge as there is. Plus you can shoot .38 Specials out of the same gun so ammo isn't as expensive. Also, it won't break the bank, you can find these new and used at reasonable costs. And, they are built like a brick s***house.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Schuylkill County)

If by "mag-gun" you mean semi-auto with a magazine there are so many options that they can't all be contained in one post. What's your budget? Intended use?
    Happiness is warm gun (bang bang, shoot shoot)

(Adams County)

My 'biggest pistol' is a Taurus OSS 24/7 Tactical .45 with a 13 round mag. Fun to shoot, and quite comfortable to hold. Also got a S&W Sigma 9mm wich is a blast. Smaller, but the shape of the grips is simliar to the taurus and more comfortable for me to hold & fire. Thats the one that I'm probably going to use for carrying, but I'm a tall guy and can get away with the .45. Will know once the shoulder holster gets here

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Many many many options.....357 mag, 45 mag, 44 mag, 10mm(i consider it a magnum type gun giving its characteristics). I agree to go with the .357 or the 10mm. .357 is great considering the 2 caliber choices. The 10mm being an advantage with a full size glock being able to have 15 shots of 10mm, or the G29 and 10 rounds of 10mm. Its really up to you I would choose the .357 mag or 10mm over the other calibers. I am probably leaving out a few calibers, one right off the top of my head is the 41 mag. anyways RUGERS ARE LIKE A TANK!!! if you go with a .357 Ruger tops my list along with Smith
    Reputation is what I strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    My 'biggest pistol' is a Taurus OSS 24/7 Tactical .45 with a 13 round mag. Fun to shoot, and quite comfortable to hold. Also got a S&W Sigma 9mm wich is a blast. Smaller, but the shape of the grips is simliar to the taurus and more comfortable for me to hold & fire. Thats the one that I'm probably going to use for carrying, but I'm a tall guy and can get away with the .45. Will know once the shoulder holster gets here
    camper
    Well ill be damned. I thought nobody liked/used a shoulder holster anymore. i prefer a shoulder setup but im big chested and do not mind the weight.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicus View Post
    Hey, I`m considering on purchasing a Bigger, Better, more Powerful, handgun!
    Any suggestions...I currently own a revolver, which I`m giving to my fiance`, any hoot, im a relative novice in the gun arena, and would certainly find your guidance beneficial! Im preferring a mag-gun this time, revolver holding only 5 bullets isnt enough for my ego! LOL! all the best, whim.
    I am assuming (for those that mentioned the 357 or 44 MAGNUM) that he means a semi.

get a 1911
    next you can tell us your price range and such and start on all the "which 1911" threads.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W 10mm View Post
    Well ill be damned. I thought nobody liked/used a shoulder holster anymore. i prefer a shoulder setup but im big chested and do not mind the weight.
    Easier to conceal, and easier to get to if you're sitting down--which is what I do the most of

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I am assuming (for those that mentioned the 357 or 44 MAGNUM) that he means a semi.

get a 1911
    next you can tell us your price range and such and start on all the "which 1911" threads.
    O.K. Sorry for the delayed response, having technical issues with my isp(cocmast), they really suck, but the only cable internet i know of in scranton.
    alright back to what im looking for...And thx for your responses guys! o.k.,
    i want a semi automatic handgun in the price range of 300 to 600dollars...i dont know whats the most ammount of bullets a gun like that can hold, but preferably one that holds alot, or the most! honestly i dont even know, what mabey 10bullets at the most,,,how bout something that holds 40bullets too high, dont exist? LOL, anyways, thats what im lookin for, ohh yea and easy to handle and durable, ofcourse! all the best,whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicus View Post
    O.K. Sorry for the delayed response, having technical issues with my isp(cocmast), they really suck, but the only cable internet i know of in scranton.
    alright back to what im looking for...And thx for your responses guys! o.k.,
    i want a semi automatic handgun in the price range of 300 to 600dollars...i dont know whats the most ammount of bullets a gun like that can hold, but preferably one that holds alot, or the most! honestly i dont even know, what mabey 10bullets at the most,,,how bout something that holds 40bullets too high, dont exist? LOL, anyways, thats what im lookin for, ohh yea and easy to handle and durable, ofcourse! all the best,whim.
    giving your criteria semi-auto, durablility, high capacity, magnum cartridge i can only suggest the G20 10mm again. Glocks as you can read on here are basically one of the best reliable guns you can get. if you want a true magnum gun you would probably get a .45 Mag Grizzly its a massive sucker that hold like 8+1 (correct me if i am wrong). By the way you can buy a 33 round magazine for a 9mm glock but its not a magnum by far.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast