Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Fellowship of enlightened gun enthusiasts:

Quote Originally Posted by S&W 10mm View Post
    ..but the post is still about a "magnum" gun.
    no-one reads the OP...........

he said "mag-gun" which apparently he meant to say a semi but used an easily mis-read unheard of term in a badly worded post. No suprise everyone keeps missing it.

unless he wants a DE he wont be getting a 357 or 44 in a semi. esp not in that price range.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I will stick to my original statement of it not being practical to shoot.

If you can't go to the store and readily find at least 2 boxes of your ammo sitting on a shelf then it's not too practical.

That leaves you having to reload, order ammo that costs twice as much when you could just go out and get a damn 45.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    I will stick to my original statement of it not being practical to shoot.

If you can't go to the store and readily find at least 2 boxes of your ammo sitting on a shelf then it's not too practical.

That leaves you having to reload, order ammo that costs twice as much when you could just go out and get a damn 45.
    I am not saying your not right about the quantity of ammo and the price of it. i am saying that everytime i go to a gun oriented store they have at least 5 boxes of 10mm. i am going to start reloading which ill be able to shoot the 10mm without costing an arm and leg...i respect your opinion as well as i hope you respect mine but i believe that neither one of us will change the others opinions/feelings towards the 10mm
    Reputation is what I strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post

he said "mag-gun" which apparently he meant to say a semi but used an easily mis-read unheard of term in a badly worded post. No suprise everyone keeps missing it.

unless he wants a DE he wont be getting a 357 or 44 in a semi. esp not in that price range.
    Wow I totally did not realize that until you pointed it out. It was hard to understand but i used to do the same thing, although i have been working on it.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks ShawnL. If you read the OP's statement in context, what he meant was a high capacity gun (mag-gun = magazine type gun), something that holds more rounds than a 5 or 6 shot revolver. I'd be pretty sure he doesn't need to hear arguments about which caliber is better than another. That already available in many places here.

Springfield XDM = 19+1 capacity
    Ruger SR9 = 17+1 capacity
    Smith & wesson MP = 17 +1 capacity
    all well under $600 new

(Lackawanna County)

Thumbs up Re: Fellowship of enlightened gun enthusiasts:

Quote Originally Posted by S&W 10mm View Post
    giving your criteria semi-auto, durablility, high capacity, magnum cartridge i can only suggest the G20 10mm again. Glocks as you can read on here are basically one of the best reliable guns you can get. if you want a true magnum gun you would probably get a .45 Mag Grizzly its a massive sucker that hold like 8+1 (correct me if i am wrong). By the way you can buy a 33 round magazine for a 9mm glock but its not a magnum by far.
    I`ll have to check that out mabey this weekend. thanks for the suggestion.
    all the best,whim.

(Lackawanna County)

Right, i didnt know the proper terminology for a gun with a magazine..A semi-automatic, easy to handle, durable, and holds many bullets. im hearing good things about Advanced Arms from a friend who purchased a used ruger for 300dollars...hes gotten 3 of his guns there, but im still happy with my first gun, just want another one thats a semi...

(Philadelphia County)

Right, i didnt know the proper terminology for a gun with a magazine
    Well, there are semi auto pistols, automatic pistols, fully automatic rifles, bolt action rifles, semi auto rifles... the list goes on. Maybe before trying to find the biggest baddest gun ever to satisfy your gun lust, you should figure out what a gun is and at the least, learn how to classify them.

So, are you looking for a semi-automatic pistol? Fully Automatic Pistol? Bolt Action Rifle? Shotgun? Semi-auto rifle?

Please, narrow it down by more than "MAG GUN" and make it easier on the rest of us.
    Last edited by Ophidian; February 5th, 2009 at 01:49 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Well, there are semi auto pistols, automatic pistols, fully automatic rifles, bolt action rifles, semi auto rifles... the list goes on. Maybe before trying to find the biggest baddest gun ever to satisfy your gun lust, you should figure out what a gun is and at the least, learn how to classify them.

So, are you looking for a semi-automatic pistol? Fully Automatic Pistol? Bolt Action Rifle? Shotgun? Semi-auto rifle?

Please, narrow it down by more than "MAG GUN" and make it easier on the rest of us.
    I was clear on wanting a big and bad hand gun..never mentioned rifle in any post. semi automatic pistol is what im looking for, between 300/600 dollar range..something powerful and will last a lifetime,ofcourse if properly maintained!
    Last edited by Whimsicus; February 5th, 2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typing error.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsicus View Post
    I clear on wanting a big and bad hand gun..never mentioned rifel in any post. semi automatic pistol is what im looking for, between 300/600 dollar range..something powerful and will last a lifetime,ofcourse if properly maintained!
    have you looked at the XD(M) ???
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/

16+1 of 40SW or 19+1 of 9mm

good trigger, interchangeable backstraps
    The original XD series are very popular and well made guns, if the M lives up to that standard it could meet all your requirements. Esp since you have indicated you want something "different"

what caliber are you looking at?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast