Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OBAMA: 'I SCREWED UP'

Go figure, maybe he is starting to realize this is not just a dream.. It's bigger then a cocaine high, faster then an acid trip...

Picking out the best people to represent you and only finding people who have tax problems and other problems that could shame you more then you already are can be a tough thing to live with...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...3/1779622.aspx

Obama said he was "angry and disappointed" to lose Daschle and Nancy Killefer, who also withdrew her nomination today over a failure to pay some taxes. And the president also took part of the blame. "I appointed these folks. I think they are outstanding people. I think Tom Daschle as an example could have led this health-care effort ... better than just about anybody," the president remarked. "But as he acknowledged, this was a mistake. I don't think it was intentional on his part but it was a serious mistake. He owned up to it and ultimately made a decision that we couldn't afford the distraction, and I've got to own up to my mistake which is that, ultimately, it's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules -- you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes."
    Already broke that rule by taking on some one you said you would not...

Maybe what is tough for Obama these days is saying he just is not up to this... It is more then he can handle. First few days, and already, rules where bent, people are backing out of commitments, and the American media where not important enough to do the first interviews with.

Obama later added, "I'm here on television saying I screwed up, and that's part of the era of responsibility. It's not never making mistakes; it's owning up to them and trying to make sure you never repeat them and that's what we intend to do
    Spoken just like... Well like a criminal trying to save his face before a jury..

Is it possible Obama feels like the Jury of life is catching up to him, the media no longer supporting him like he thought they would?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...3/1779622.aspx
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Monroe County)

Default Re: OBAMA: 'I SCREWED UP'

I gotta admit I'm surprised he admitted it but it really does sound like a "I mad a bad choice but i'm new here so its okay right?" I see the exact same thing on Cops every day.

What I want to know is when will these people have charges filed for tax evasion and be penalized like the rest of us would be?
    Last edited by Dredly; February 4th, 2009 at 01:22 AM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I gotta admit I'm surprised he admitted it
    I am, too, but in a positive way. This administration is two weeks old. Let's see if he's willing to fall on his sword like this a year or two from now.

(Lackawanna County)

It's real easy to apologize, but to make sure that your promises come true is even harder. To say that your average schmucks will be treated the same as his buddies and then not make sure that they're prosecuted is just a bold-faced lie. He's just living up to the expectations that we had for him. Yup, we're making history here. Expect this to be the most corrupt administration yet, but to be basically ignored by the media. Except perhaps by Fox news, who will be called fascists and racists for reporting the news. Oh wait, they've been called that for years.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    I'm here on television saying I screwed up, and that's part of the era of responsibility. It's not never making mistakes; it's owning up to them and trying to make sure you never repeat them and that's what we intend to do
    I'd have to rep him for this one. We seriously need more public figures and leaders to be encouraging this kind of behavior. I can't remember the last time I heard a person in a position of power admit a mistake. Now, if he repeats the mistakes that he owns up to, I'd have to hit him with some neg reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I'd have to rep him for this one. We seriously need more public figures and leaders to be encouraging this kind of behavior. I can't remember the last time I heard a person in a position of power admit a mistake. Now, if he repeats the mistakes that he owns up to, I'd have to hit him with some neg reps.
    I don't know, it's easy to say I am sorry after the fact... So far, in 2 weeks he is more sorry then happy... And he still has not answered all the questions on his past..

I believe once the media catches up to his lies and past, they will roast him royaly...

yup Hope and change, lets Hope he changes real quick, cause so far, it is not glorious.

Any CEO would have been out the door so fast by now, the doors would still be spinning...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

He is admitting he screwed up for things that are not that big. He is building rep points for admitting mistakes. It is one of the big things that the Lib's claimed Bush could not bring himself to do. And what did he admit to? Stuff he could not have known about. How was he to know someone did not pay all their taxes?
    Now when something big that he wants proves to be wrong he can claim it is not wrong because he does admit when it is wrong.

(Schuylkill County)

Screwing up when picking people to be in your administration is what McCain was roasted for. The accusation was that Palin was not vetted properly and McCain was not worthy to be president if he could not evaluate people well.

Double standard again. Obama screws up and gets a pass for being "honest and open" not for incomplete vetting or improper picks.

Obama's inexperience has produced quite a few "I screwed up" moments already as he learns on the job on our dime. I think the media will eventually turn on him since he does not even know how to back out of a bad situation yet. Throwing up your hands and shrugging and saying "my bad" is not going to fly for very long.

I wonder if he will admit screwing up if we have another terrorist attack
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Mercer County)

Come on...he only said what he did because the folks withdrew.

He was fully behind them and blew off their tax-cheat status when people found out the truth. He used his power as president to attempt to convince the public that cheating on taxes is just a simple mistake and not a condemnation of character. Now he thinks it's a screw up?

Is he admitting Holder was a mistake, too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast