Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default This Obama decision has me particularly disturbed...

Putting the tax scandals of his other nominees aside.....

Nominating William J. Lynn III as deputy secretary of Defense - while Mr. has spent the last two years lobbying for defense contractor Raytheon.

Tell me how THIS won't tarnish his decision-making?!?

Granted - the economy is hurting now, but big defense contracting is BOOMING. Raytheon has deep pockets to persuade Lynn.

Our defense budget is tens of billions of dollars - there are a TON of programs & work efforts that Raytheon would LOVE to get their hands on.
    I fear that this'll happen "What's the harm in giving it to Raytheon? After all, someone's gonna end up doing the job anyway?!"

I'm not impressed with who Obama is surrounding himself with.
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Default Re: This Obama decision has me particularly disturbed...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    Putting the tax scandals of his other nominees aside.....

Nominating William J. Lynn III as deputy secretary of Defense - while Mr. has spent the last two years lobbying for defense contractor Raytheon.

Tell me how THIS won't tarnish his decision-making?!?

Granted - the economy is hurting now, but big defense contracting is BOOMING. Raytheon has deep pockets to persuade Lynn.

Our defense budget is tens of billions of dollars - there are a TON of programs & work efforts that Raytheon would LOVE to get their hands on.
    I fear that this'll happen "What's the harm in giving it to Raytheon? After all, someone's gonna end up doing the job anyway?!"

Did you expect to be? I heard how brilliant he was, but based on previous relationships and and people he surrounded himself with I was expecting a laundry list of bad decisions. Unfortunately he is living up to my expectations.

This was something we all knew before a single vote was cast.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Did you expect to be? I heard how brilliant he was,
    I was giving the benefit of the doubt.

I'd rather not get wrapped up in a wave of whining/crying every time a news story comes out....but he's picked a few questionable nominees in a row.
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Armstrong County)

I was giving the benefit of the doubt.

I'd rather not get wrapped up in a wave of whining/crying every time a news story comes out....but he's picked a few questionable nominees in a row.
    Yep, "just a few" Like his WHOLE FREAKEN CABINET.
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Bucks County)

Thank God Eisenhower warned us about the military-industrial-complex......
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Bucks County)

Guys, putting aside Obama’s stupid broken lobbing promises – the defense industry like all others contains a relatively small group of people who are experts in their field. They all either work in government or for / with their respective industry.

For example, consider how incredibly complicated it is to bring a new weapons system from the drawing board to the field. It would make your head spin. It’s crazy to assume that any administration will pick a average joe for any of these top positions.

If you have any evidence at all that this guy would pick a crap Raytheon system over a better & cheaper one from one of his old competitors I would be most interested in hearing it. Otherwise, this “everything Obama does must be evil” thing is already past being boring. They will make enough stupid mistakes over the next 4 years for us to complain about.

(Bucks County)

At least we have Pelosi, Reid, Schumie, Rangel, Dodd, Frank and a cast of thousands to offset these bad appointments......

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Guys, putting aside Obama’s stupid broken lobbing promises – the defense industry like all others contains a relatively small group of people who are experts in their field. They all either work in government or for / with their respective industry.

For example, consider how incredibly complicated it is to bring a new weapons system from the drawing board to the field. It would make your head spin. It’s crazy to assume that any administration will pick a average joe for any of these top positions.

If you have any evidence at all that this guy would pick a crap Raytheon system over a better & cheaper one from one of his old competitors I would be most interested in hearing it. Otherwise, this “everything Obama does must be evil” thing is already past being boring. They will make enough stupid mistakes over the next 4 years for us to complain about.
    I posted tihs in another thread, but the thing that really gets me pissed isn't that he is appointing lobbyists, but rather that for two God damned years we heard how evil lobbyists were and how they were the bain of an honest transparent Washington and when elected he would sweep into town and Washington would be no place for lobbyists.

The truth as many expected is far from that. I HATE politicians. Citizens in politics are another story, but we just keep electing politicians.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I posted tihs in another thread, but the thing that really gets me pissed isn't that he is appointing lobbyists, but rather that for two God damned years we heard how evil lobbyists were and how they were the bain of an honest transparent Washington and when elected he would sweep into town and Washington would be no place for lobbyists.

The truth as many expected is far from that. I HATE politicians. Citizens in politics are another story, but we just keep electing politicians.
    LOL I hate to break it to you but they are all also citizens. Many of them started from the very bottom to get where they are today. Hell, even Obama was not born into it like say a Kennedy.

Don’t hate the player – hate the game. In other words they will stop lying the day that we as their employers stop rewarding them for lying. Sort of like blaming McDonalds for selling crap food all the while there is a long line to get in to buy said crap food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast