Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default 11 oclock news in spanish?3

let me start this thread by saying WTF!

I just watched the news at 10. Now I left the channel on and the news is back on, but entirely in spanish. each of the interviews are conducted in spanish, the news casters are speaking spanish. the marquee is in spanish.
    This is bullshit. BULLSHIT.

I live in the poconos, why in gods name do I have my news being reported in spanish? And don't tell me "you can just change the channel". No, I don't want to change the channel. I want people who move into this country to learn to speak english. I don't want my tax money going to programs to put spanish subtitles all over the place. To rewrite books in my public schools and colleges.

Theres a mexican guy who's a dishwasher at my job. He's been living in america for over 30 years. He can barely speak english and his accent is so fucking bad I can't be bothered trying to have a casual conversation with him.
    He came to america as a teenager, yet for some reason he never thought it useful to learn how to articulate in the english language.

Let me end this thread by saying WTF!

(Chester County)

Default Re: 11 oclock news in spanish?3

just an fyi most of these people that come here have very small amounts of education and they speak spanish and some english, people who have been educated for 16 years in the united states generally only speak english.... im fluent in spanish and english and i think its quite bigoted to tell someone they have to speak YOUR language, because you dont want to change the channel on the tv.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    just an fyi most of these people that come here have very small amounts of education and they speak spanish and some english, people who have been educated for 16 years in the united states generally only speak english.... im fluent in spanish and english and i think its quite bigoted to tell someone they have to speak YOUR language, because you dont want to change the channel on the tv.
    boo hoo. when my people came to this country we were beaten and killed in the streets, by police... we learned to speak english pretty fast.

luckily, that shit doesnt happen anymore. i think immigrants should be grateful they are allowed to come to this country and at the very least, learn to speak english.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    I usually agree with you man, but not on this one.

i had a choice the other day when i was at the store buying groceries, saltines, one box was almost completely spanish the other was english. which one did i buy? the one i could read...i try not to buy anything that has spanish writing on it. if you want to live here speak the language, if you want to live in mexico, speak the language. its as simple as that..
    FJB

(York County)

I gotta agree. Personally, I think it would be major league arrogant of me if I were to move to a foreign country, and then expect them to change their entire system of communication, education, etc to suit me. If I moved to Germany, I would immediately begin to learn German (if I didn't start learning it BEFORE I moved!)

Don't take this the wrong way. I have nothing against immegration to the USA, since I firmly believe it's the best place this side of Heaven to live. Want to move here? Great. I'm truly delighted that you have managed to escape whatever oppressive third world country you've come from. All I ask is that you make an attempt to fit in, learn the language, work, and pay your fair share of the taxes.

Jim

(Lehigh County)

Give it time... Babel wasn't built in a day.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    Give it ... Babel wasn't built in a day.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Bucks County)

"Vamos a tomar el mundo y no hay nada que pueda hacer al respecto."

Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

Quote Originally Posted by subdude View Post

Don't take this the wrong way. I have nothing against immegration to the USA, since I firmly believe it's the best place this side of Heaven to live. Want to move here? Great. I'm truly delighted that you have managed to escape whatever oppressive third world country you've come from. All I ask is that you make an attempt to fit in, learn the language, work, and pay your fair share of the taxes.Jim
    AND...... Become a legal citizen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast