Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default What Would You Do? What Do You Think?

This is a post from craigslist on Long Island.. Thrught I would spead the knowledge some alreally know some don't.. But lets see what you insight to this is? here is the link

http://longisland.craigslist.org/rnr/1016240505.html

A little gun history... who is the true ignorant hater? (your local library)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: pers-1016240505@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2009-02-01, 10:18AM EST

This is all basic history, new and old. You can call me on it all you like. Whatever you do, think real hard about this one.

A Little Gun History Lesson---------------
    In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results a re now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that whilethe law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won ' t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.

With Guns...........We Are 'Citizens'.
    Without Them........We Are 'Subjects'.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED !

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attaché to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U . S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U . S. & knew that almost all households had guns.

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all your friends!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Don't get pinched!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1016240505

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum
    When you think, You think you know!

Default Re: What Would You Do? What Do You Think?

very good, bravo to the author. i wish that these confounded politicians would read up on their history and see what will eventually happen when we will be left defenseless. I remember all my years of high school history classes and I cant remember a single teacher who pointed out that the greatest atrocities are caused by the ignorance of the populace and their willingness to blindly believe in their politicians believing that since they went to thise big time schools they know what is best for the country.

But let me tell you a little secret, these modern day politicians only want power and complete control. They want the country ran their way and without any sort opposition.

i know that this sounds a little looney I just hate it when my friends disregard the past and only counter argue by saying that it would never happen here because this is the United States. But their ignorance will only force them to say OH SH**! when they realize that they are living in a completely different society where diligence and success are despised and and the sloth of our country live like kings.

p.s. i apologize again, heated argument with a friend

(York County)

This si what kills me about eh gun control argument. You can show these clowns six ways from sunday that it does not work and they still persist. saying that there would be no crime if there were no guns. Now I say that if we could truly get all the guns off the streets, aand I mean all of them, by some miracle of modern nature. Crime would be reduced. But only crimes committed with guns. If there are no guns, then there can be no gun related crimes.Just like if there were no cars, then there could be no vehicle related crimes. But that will never happen (nor should it).

Dave W.
    3%

Exactly they seem to believe if you get all of the legal guns off the street then you would curb the rise of crime and solve every social injustice in the community. But these geniuses seem to forget about the thousands if not millions of illegal guns that are floating around the criminal population in this country and the very affluent international illegal gun trade. I just don't understand the lack of reasoning behind these supposed intelligent men in charge of this country and millions of other who have attended a higher institution. Granted many are liberal institutions at heart but I have not been blinded by liberal doctrine and have insured that I will not live idly by with the masses and hope that our country isn't ripped apart from the people who have sworn to protect us domestically and abroad.

(Northampton County)

While it does make for interesting conversation, the positive correlation between gun control and crime, we must make sure to avoid using it as an argument for gun owners' rights. Reason being that in the odd case where there is a negative correlation, we have accidentally made the case in favor of gun control. Hell, look at Philadelphia... probably the fewest legal gun laws per capita out of any city in the country, but has one of the biggest violent crime problems.

Instead, let's focus on this: Regardless of the crime rate, gun control takes a gun out of the holster/hand of me, you, your 80-year-old grandmother, the veteran who lost his legs, the young female who has to walk home from work at 3AM every morning, etc. Gun control denies the individual the right to effective self-defense.

In other words, it is better to have a murder rate of x when all of the x people have willingly chosen not to arm themselves, than to have a murder rate of x/10 where none of the x/10 folks had the legal/legal-economic* ability to defend themselves. Gun control asks that all those x/10 people be sacrificed for the common good, which is a concept that is morally reprehensible, as well as contrary to the idea of natural rights (which forms the basis for this country's government).

Not to mention that in a pro-gun society, natural selection helps weed out those stupid enough to willingly not take steps to ensure their own safety...

*I use the term "legal-economic" to refer to economic hardship artificially created by government regulation. In this case specifically, I'm thinking of "junk gun" legislation that makes it difficult to buy an inexpensive gun, and licensing requirements that mandate potential gun carriers pay for a class and/or lose wages due to time spent in the class.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ