Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default AK-47s Destroyed

From The Firearm Blog:

Captured AK-47s in Iraq are given a guillotine treatment that would surely put a smile on the Committee of Public Safety :

A worker of the Iraqi Mine/Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) Clearance Organization dumps destroyed weapons in Baghdad January 13, 2009. More than 30,000 weapons confiscated by the U.S. and Iraqi military forces during raids and search operations from different parts of Iraq have been destroyed by the Iraqi non-government organization in Baghdad from September 2008.
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(Monroe County)

Default Re: AK-47s Destroyed

I thought we bought and sent hundreds of thousands of AK's over there on our dime... why the hell aren't we just sending those back out?!!?!?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I thought we bought and sent hundreds of thousands of AK's over there on our dime... why the hell aren't we just sending those back out?!!?!?
    I was under the impression that we just recycled a bunch of captured guns to their new army, police and private ownership.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    A lot of those don't look to be in the best condition. I'm seeing just about as much rust as I am guns in there.

Probably better to just give our allies in the Iraqi military and police forces new manufacture Kalishnikovs given how cheap they are anyways, than give them substandard junk picked up on the streets.

By the looks of some, a few were buried.

Too bad, a few looked like they'd make nice range guns, or at least parts kits.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Schuylkill County)

They're gonna use M-16s

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...k-47_for_m-16/

"In a move that could be the most enduring imprint of U.S. influence in the Arab world, American military officials in Baghdad have begun a crash program to outfit the entire Iraqi army with M-16 rifles."

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    They're gonna use M-16s

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...k-47_for_m-16/

"In a move that could be the most enduring imprint of U.S. influence in the Arab world, American military officials in Baghdad have begun a crash program to outfit the entire Iraqi army with M-16 rifles."
    So we can't just buy them the new ones (aks) they are used to right? the ones that cost about 1/2 (or less) of what an M16 costs? What the hell is THIS bullshit:

Another 50,000 rifles are currently on order, and the objective is to outfit the entire Iraqi army with 165,000 American rifles in a one-for-one replacement of the AK-47. “Our goal is to give every Iraqi soldier an M-16A2 or an M-4,” Scott said.
    Jesus I get so fucking mad at these assholes THROWING OUR MONEY AWAY and this quote just makes me scream, one to one replacement? A $400 - $600 gun (bought outside the US of course) for a $1500 gun ... and who the hell pays the difference? Id be damn willing to bet it is US!

“We in the U.S. know that the M-16 is superior to the AK … it’s more durable,” said Army Col. Stephen Scott, who’s in charge of helping the Iraqi army get all the equipment it needs to outfit its forces.
    More durable, in desert combat? Who the fuck is this lying piece of crap anyways? I have talked to more than one soldier back from Iraq that bitched and moaned about how god damn bad the M16 worked in the desert. I know one guy that grabbed and AK and used it until they took it away from him .. he loved the freaking thing.

Just keep throwing our money away assholes ... the day of reckoning is coming, I swear to god it is.

[QUOTE=dc dalton;595933 I know one guy that grabbed and AK and used it until they took it away from him .. he loved the freaking thing.[/QUOTE]

M-16 "jams at least once every day" "would rather have a ak47 at close range" "shits where it eats" "cleaning needs"

Whatever's gonna happen with the ak/m-16 deal, we're gonna pay and can't do a thing about it. But damn, it sure would be fun to play in that pile! Like a sandbox for gunnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Whatever's gonna happen with the ak/m-16 deal, we're gonna pay and can't do a thing about it. But damn, it sure would be fun to play in that pile! Like a sandbox for gunnuts.
    Yeah I'l agree with that .. imagine the spare parts business you could start out of that pile ... HOT DAMN

I've always been a 'junk man' at heart anyways. When we had the garage I did scraping on the side with my old friend Pop. We grabbed EVERY damn part we could think of that we thought we MAY need some day down the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast