Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default TheRallyPoint@LRGC-Saturday, August 26th

TheRallyPoint@LRGC-Saturday, August 26th
    An invite to PAFOA members!!

TheRallyPoint

Date: Saturday August 26th,, 2006
    Place: www.lrgc.org in Southeaster Pennyslvania (just North of Philadelphia)
    Time: 9am-5pm

Rally Point events and socializing will be going on at the:

Pistol range: 15yds-25yd
    Pistol/rifle range: 50yd
    Big Bore rifle range 100yd-200yds
    2 fields for shooting trap

Food and drinks will be available.
    For Directions http://www.lrgc.org/html/location.html
    Admission is $15

Sponsors: Sponsors: WoolrichElite Woolrich Elite Series clothing will be on sale at a discount to those attending TheRallyPoint.

www.secton8tactical.com I'll be asking people for insight on a few Section8Tactical products and asking for feedback on them. Anyone that has a 20-25mm flashlight should bring it out. Anyone that shoots IDPA may be interested in playing with the Ultimate Retention Devices. I'll have a few of them with me. Anyone that shoots red-dot or Eotech optics will be interested in the Tac-Pacs.

TheRallyPoint event tends to be informal, and there will be plenty of time to socialize, but since the www.lrgc.org is very big, we decided to join forces with http://www.rwva.org/ to further our cause. We will be having a Mini-Appleseed clinic
    http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/i...sg3821#msg3821

Training: NRA Certified Firearms instructors will be available to instruct new shooters. If you have friends or family members that want to learn how to handle a firearm, please help further our cause and invite them to come out. This is a family friendly event.

Competitions are only a short part of the days events and are separate from the Mini appleseed clinic. The big bore (100y / 200y) will be open from 9am-5pm for open shooting, and the smallbore/pistol range will be open after the appleseed program is done.

Competitions: Rifleman survival competition, shotgun competition

Theme: Rifleman boot camp. Bring out your favorite rifle and practice with others. If you have something unique to add to the Rifleman firearm theme, please let us know what you are bringing.

Please note:

There are sponsors for this event that are contributing to the event and helping to keep costs down, please do not show up and open up a store front on the firing line and start selling things. If you have something of value to the members of TRP please contact me first. If you are interested in sponsoring future TheRallyPoint, please feel free to contact me.

Secondly, The board at LRGC asked that we not allow the buying and selling of firearms on their property. These shoots look like gun shows, but we do not want to bring in unwanted attention. Feel free to network and build friendships, but please do the transfering of firearms off LRGC's property.

Meet us at TheRallyPoint!!
    Last edited by Jamie Young; August 20th, 2006 at 10:24 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I'm assuming legally owned C3 firearms like MGs, and short barreled rifles/shotguns would be unwelcome?
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

No Class III for this shoot. I don't think LRGC allows them at this time. I've gotten a lot of requests to do a Class III RallyPoint shoot, but it's not something most gun clubs can accomodate.

Short barreled rifles and shotguns are welcome.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young
    No Class III for this shoot. I don't think LRGC allows them at this time. I've gotten a lot of requests to do a Class III RallyPoint shoot, but it's not something most gun clubs can accomodate.

Short barreled rifles and shotguns are welcome.
    I'd also love to have a SEPA c3 shoot sometime. Is there anywhere anyone can think of that would be willing to host something like that?
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Dan,

TheRallyPoint has a good reputation with a few places and I can see if I can pull a few strings with some gun clubs and have one in the future. If you ever want to team up and have a TheRallyPoint with PAFOA@(GunClub) let me know. I'm trying to help these Regional/State gun boards get off there butts and become more involved at the gun club level, instead of the keyboard commando stuff.

Places like Classic pistol and Targetmaster have rentals, but it's pretty hard to organize group shoots at these places without it costing an arm and a leg.

Why don't you come out on August 26th and we can talk?

(Montgomery County)

I will be there with a gaggle of 870's for anyone who wishes to bust some clays.

Is there going to be a shotgun competition?

(Montgomery County)

Nothing organized since the traps will be open for "regular" shooting. We can shoot trap I guess but we could not setup anything special with our own throwers as it was logistically unsafe, or so I understand.
    Once I finally get up there to shoot and see the shotgun area, I will push (as in ask you to push) a little harder for them to shut down the trap range and turn it over to us for something less formal.
    Still early days with our relationship at this range. Not like the W&W days, yet.
    Mike

(Montgomery County)

In addition to a Class III shoot, I would be interested in a place that has metal silhouette targets - preferably outdoor.

I'm going to do everything I can to try and make this shoot - you guys look like you have a lot of fun at these. I there a theme to this shoot?

Life has been pretty hectic lately, and the end of August seems to be vacation season for much of the TRP Staff, so it's pretty lo-key. Haven't had time to talk to firearms instructors or organize any classes or themes.

It's just a fun shoot...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast