Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default strained my back

Well, I guess I am an old man now.

I grabed my son last night to lift him up in the air, and he is much heavier than he used to be........ didnt get him but part off the ground before I felt a sharp pain in my lower back.

now I am in awful pain

hard to find a way to sit that doesnt hurt

hard to sleep

had to miss CMP this morning

how long does this last?
    I got one call last night that one of my employees went MIA and another that aother had a loss in the family and needs a few days off. So, it looks like I cant take any time off work, and in fact will prob be looking at a longer harder work week.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: strained my back

It will last a few days at least. Try some biofreeze.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Jefferson County)

Shawn I’m with you on this one, let me stat the events that occurred. About 8 days ago around 2am I got into a fight. With who else but MR. Gravity. He won hands down, it didn’t have to go to the judges. Bad part about it I was on the steps, found an ice spot and ended up on my can about 7 steps down. It hurt, I landed on my can and somehow managed to slide on my back till I stopped. My tailbone was in some severe pain. But my GF was behind me and me being Mr. Tuff guy. I collected my self and finished going to the car. Fast forward Tuesday around 2 pm I went to lift an object from about a 3 foot position to move it higher then I felt something odd happen in my lower back followed by pain. Anyhow I just used a heat pad and it helped me out. Here it is Sunday and the pain isn’t as bad as it was, but if I sit to long or turn at the waist I still feel it. It gets better as the days go on, but the first two were the worst.

(Chester County)

I have had a bad back for years. It is usually the simplest things that can tweak it (turning and grabbing something out of the back seat has gotten me a couple times).

Heat and more heat works best for me, it loosens it up for me.

If that doesn't work a 1/2 of Vicoden should do the trick only take 1/2 and it wont knock you out or make you feel crappy.

see a Chiropractor......

(Westmoreland County)

ibuprofen --- Several times per day will help...

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

Shoot my sons 29 and he is still a pain in the back some times.
    Seriously though, once this is over start some back exercises to strength your back it will help. You always want to pick the kids when they need you to.
    Grizz
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    Shoot my sons 29 and he is still a pain in the back some times.
    Seriously though, once this is over start some back exercises to strength your back it will help. You always want to pick the kids when they need you to.
    Grizz
    yeah, the funny part is that I was picking him up cause he hurt his toe earlier in the day kicking ice and was limping to the car. then we where both broken.

I have gotten back in bed now with some pillows under my knees and am in minimal pain.
    I have cable, a remote, a wireless laptop, and a loving wife running out to get me a heating pad.
    I might need to cancle my plans for later and just watch the game from here.

Not much you can do other than take a few ibuprofen, use a heating pad, and time. For sitting upright a thin pillow behind you lower back usually helps support your back.

I strained my neck a few days ago and still can hardly move it. It sucks. Good luck!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Hi Shawn, it's Mrs. EM.

First- do you have any allergies to Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs like Motrin or Alleve? Do you have any stomach/ulcer issues? If you don't, I suggest taking this type of medication as a first line med for pain relief. Remember to take this type of med with food, as it can be hard on the stomach. Follow the package directions. You can also use Tylenol for the in-between hours. It won't do anything for inflammation, but may assist in pain control.

Second, the hard and fast rule is ice the area for the first 24 hours. You can apply moist heat after 24 hours. There are heating pads that are general, and then there are those that are moist heat. They have a removable foam pad that can be moistened. Usually, you do ice for 15 - 20 minutes then remove it for about 1/2 an hour, and then re-apply.

Ben-Gay can be utilized for back rubs, but don't use the Ben-Gay and then apply heat. You can get burned. I have a strong liking of the Ben-Gay type patches, as well as the Therma-Care heat patches.

Sometimes the best position for low back pain is to lay on the floor with your butt next to the base of the couch and place your calves on the seat cushion. That is considered a neutral position.

If needed, you can go to the Med Express / Urgent Care center (opened 9AM to 9 PM) and see if they can give you any Flexeril. That is a muscle relaxant available by prescription. It works well, but it can make you sleepy.

If you have any pain that goes down your leg, loss of sensation in the legs, leg weakness, legs giving out, or any issues with bowel or bladder control, get your butt to the ER.

Hope you feel better soon. If you have any questions, give me a call. PM EM for the number.

OK, now that all that is out of the way, here's MY(EM)input, which should prove to be just as valuable.
    (or maybe not - LOL!)

I strained a muscle in my lower back last Monday while puking my guts out in the toilet. (TMI?)
    It still hurts a bit if I turn the wrong way.

For me, rest is usually the best medicine.
    When I feel some pain, I use extreme care not to overwork any muscles until I feel better. It normally only takes a few days.

Everyone is different, and some back/muscle pain is worse than others.
    Get some rest, and screw the Steelers party. Your family needs you in good health more than your friends need you to cheer on some football team that doesn't give a rat's ass about you. And besides, Rooney is an Obama ass-kisser who helped get that anti-American a-hole elected, so... Ooops, sorry... I tend to get "emotional" when it comes to the Steelers.

Get well soon!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast