Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Les Bears Yes or No

Looking to add a better 1911 to the heard. Have a Kimber GM II and a Colt for their Custom Shop. For those 1911 fans is the Les Bears worth the step up looking at the Premier II not sure 5 or 6 inch.

(York County)

Default Re: Les Bears Yes or No

It's Les Baer, by the way

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Looking to add a better 1911 to the heard. Have a Kimber GM II and a Colt for their Custom Shop. For those 1911 fans is the Les Bears worth the step up looking at the Premier II not sure 5 or 6 inch.
    Depends on what you're doing. For accuracy....yes.....but only if you can shoot tighter than your Kimber can.

Lycantightgunsthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    It's Les Baer, by the way
    Well I am not the only one the search showed up Bears so he is a advertising that way in a googe key word ad. LOL
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Les+B...ient=firefox-a

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Depends on what you're doing. For accuracy....yes.....but only if you can shoot tighter than your Kimber can.

Lycantightgunsthrope
    Bullseye. And I am working towards competing. I have read that alot well the question I have is how do you know. As I have been learning that are defiantly guns I have learned I can shoot better then but only by shooting something different. Example Beretta I have for sale Sig hands down much tighter groups. Right now the Kimber is tighter then the colt but the colt is not broken in yet. S&W 41 tighter then the Mark III. But I found all this out by guns I have bought.
    So I ask how do you know.
    On another subject I have also wondered about that when it comes to choosing upgrades on my existing guns. Not sure if I should and which ones make the biggest impact.

(Bucks County)

a guy i use to be in the reserves with owned a les baer that he shot competition with and to him the gun was worth the money. this guy was a serious shooter and regularly shot many competition matches including camp perry. to him the les baer was worth the money because that extra 1/1000 of an inch was the difference between winning and losing but to me i didn't shoot it any better than i shot my SA loaded.

my advise would be to shoot what you have for another year and see how you compete in competition. if you feel you're shooting can out perform the kimber and colt then maybe it'll be time to move up to the les baer. if your shooting can not out perform the kimber or colt then buying the les baer probably won't increase your accuracy.
    Last edited by wellcraft; February 1st, 2009 at 04:05 PM.

(Butler County)

Yes, I have a custom carry and I think it is the best made semi custum 1911, though I have not shot them all, I have shot a few and love the baer.

(Lycoming County)

You know it comes in a cardboard box!....Just could not help saying that. There is a 100+ page thread at GlockTalk about that. Talk about free advertising! I would go to a custom builder before LB. Jim Garthwaite is just a few miles from me and builds awesome 1911 carry guns. I think Kimbers are nice but the owners/sales staff treated my 65 year old friend like a jerk at the NRA Convention and he's a High Master shooter and owns about 10 1911's....four of them Kimbers! He knows his stuff and pretty reserved person. My friend was really slighted and is a sharp businessman to boot....he called them Yonkers ***** and he's from NJ originally. I just won't buy a Kimber for that reason, Mike.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

(Delaware County)

Baer pistols are very nice. . . as long as you aren't the type who think it is sacrilege to deviate from John Browning's 1911 blueprints. I wouldn't mind having one of those Monolith pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    You know it comes in a cardboard box!....Just could not help saying that. There is a 100+ page thread at GlockTalk about that.

SNIPPED
    Hope not to get too far off topic, but. . .

Who cares what the pistols come in? If you're dropping that kind of money, you likely have at least one nice pistol case, and a bunch of plastic boxes from other guns just taking up space in the closet or under the bed.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Lycoming County)

My Colt Gold Cup came in a cardboard box 25 years ago Suburban so I guess it's all ok....just odd, Mike.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast