Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default So I'm watching DEA the other night...

While watching the TV show DEA the other night I noticed that several agents were carrying sub compact auto's during a raid/warrant. The team did include tactical members w/ rifles, but it just struck me as odd that so many members of the team would carry subcompact's into a situation like this... Is there any tactical reason for this? I can understand a sub compact for day to day duties but if I were going into a planned raid I would think it would make more sense to carry a full size pistol for capacity reasons...

Default Re: So I'm watching DEA the other night...

the g27 and g26 are approved for use by dea,I think their g27mags have a +2 plate on them. Though even a subcompact glock has more rounds than a 1911 which some doj agents use, hell i've even heard of revolvers being used by shield guys at certain departments(not DOJ).

(Lawrence County)

As a Federal Agent on a planned raid, I'd carry an MP5... lol It's so cute, yet so deadly... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Schuylkill County)

I guess it depends on when you get the warrant and how badly you have to be in on the raid. I think all cops should use 12ga shotguns and 1911s. If they wanted to be in CAG, they should have joined the Army.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I don't see what the hell difference it makes. I don't know why a compact is so shunned for duty use.

In a house the longest shot you're going to take is measured in feet.

(Lehigh County)

i was watchind dallas swat the one day and they were saying that only the first 2 guys in have big guns.... either rifle or shotty... reason for that is they have to use both hands to hold them.... if everyone was using 2 hands you dont have the other hand to do anything.... someone has to cuff and if you put down the AR then you are mostlikley outgunned by the bg.... it kinda made sence to me but still i wouldnt mind having something with atleast a 30 round mag..

No reason other they are going with what they have.

I used to carry a Glock 26 on duty and if we were doing a warrant or whatever that's what I went with. I would carry a G17 mag with a +2 I would switch out if I could but didn't feel this was absolutely needed. I would usually have a MP5, 870, or M4 if I knew about it ahead of time. Many times a BG who might fight decides not to if he sees a few long guns. I didn't routinely carry a long gun in the trunk because that's not very smart to do in an urban area where you have to park your car out of sight. You are more likely to have your car stolen or broken into than needing the long gun.

10 rounds in a G26 is more rounds than a revolver. I would feel adequately arm with a 6 shot 357. High magazine capacity is nice but I'm not overwhelmed with it.

ps
    if everyone was using 2 hands you dont have the other hand to do anything.... someone has to cuff and if you put down the AR then you are mostlikley outgunned by the bg.... it kinda made sence to me but still i wouldnt mind having something with atleast a 30 round

This is the reason you need a sling on any long gun. If you use some type of tactical sling it needs to be one you can push the gun around so it it's on your back.
    Last edited by GRIZ; January 31st, 2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: add ps