Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Is there a place where I can see when Utah classes are being offered?

I'm currently at college in Centre County (Penn State), and the last time I saw that a Utah class was offered here was a day after I had to go home (Newtown, Bucks County) for Winter break. The last class I saw offered in Bucks County was when I was at college. I seem to be in the wrong place whenever a class is offered

Anyway, next semester I'll be going to law school and would like to have a Utah permit by then. Is there any site where I can look up Utah classes and arrange to take one?

Thanks!

Default Re: Is there a place where I can see when Utah classes are being offered?

Shoot a pm to fingers80002.
    I believe he's trying to set a class up for March.

Default Re: Is there a place where I can see when Utah classes are being offered?

Below is a listing of Pennsylvania instructors for the Utah permit, from the Utah Concealed Firearm Permits site. All the other info you need is there too.

PENNSYLVANIA

BRENDT CARRACINO ....................... 908-625-3932
    web site..........................www.executivepi.com

BRUCE EIMER.................................... 215-938-7283
    web site.....www.personaldefensesolutions.net

ANTHONY FERRAZZOLI.................... 412-310-7838
    web site............................ www.fireinstitute.org

JEFFREY GOLDBERG ....................... 610-458-5688
    e-mail ..............................jsg525@earthlink.net

WARREN LEVICOFF .......................... 215-576-6909
    e-mail ....................... info@detectiveagency.us

ROBERT MCDOWELL........................ 814-476-7523

ALAN W MINNIG ................................. 570-385-0428

ROBERT L PACKETT ......................... 267-575-7008

JASON SCHAFER............................... 484-544-0880
    e-mail .................................. js@jsholsters.com
    web site....................http://www.jsholsters.com

STEVEN SILVERMAN......................... 717-764-1399
    web site....................................www.F-R-I.com

JOHN FRANCIS VITH (JR) ................. 412-304-5308
    also............................................. 540-815-1594
    web site.....www.utahbcicertifiedinstructor.com
    e-mail ....... info@utahbcicertifiedinstructor.com

LEON WILEY....................................... 717-249-3336

ALBERT ZELLER ................................ 610-419-0168

(Delaware County)

.... from the list HG posted, BRUCE EIMER is very much into making money from you, $350 for a personal class, plus he told me he doesn't like giving the Utah class, he leans toward the Florida class.

On the other hand JEFFREY GOLDBERG is very much into helping you get your Utah CWP, for a whole lot less than Eimer. I had him come to my home in DELCO to give me, and a few PAFOA friends, the class, we went to a local range after the class. Jeff lives in the Exton area but is willing to work something out.

Bill

(Snyder County)

There will be a class offered near State College in March:

See Thread.

Thanks for the link, Zef!

(York County)

I had the class a few months ago with John Vith....his name is one the list above.
    Great guy. Not very expensive. I enjoyed the class. He presents the information clearly. Takes extra time completing the paperwork, and did fingerprints for many that were there that day.
    Never stop fighting for what you believe is right. Fight until Hell freezes over and then fight on the ice!

(Delaware County)

I used:

STEVEN SILVERMAN......................... 717-764-1399
    web site....................................www.F-R-I.com

but that was years ago.
    The above is not legal advice and is for discussion purposes only. Do not rely on anything posted. If you have a legal question, retain a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

Default UTAH Permit Course discounts for PAFOA paying members and registered users

Quote Originally Posted by TakDwn View Post
    I had the class a few months ago with John Vith....his name is one the list above.
    Great guy. Not very expensive. I enjoyed the class. He presents the information clearly. Takes extra time completing the paperwork, and did fingerprints for many that were there that day.
    TakDwn, thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the course.

I'll be the Instructor for the March 14th Centre County / State College course offering at the Bellefonte EMS facility.
    Course organizer / host is PAFOA user SlipStik.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/centre-50/391...fp-course.html

The info below has previously been posted in the PAFOA Club ("members") sub-forum.

UTAH Permit Course discounts for PAFOA paying members and registered users (current pricing guaranteed 1/1/09 through 3/31/09)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit course Instructor, covering 5+ states for the Utah program (hit 8 states last year). I am the only Utah Instructor listed by the state to cover multiple states.

I am from originally from Pittsburgh, PA and maintain a studio there from which to offer instruction. I travel out of Pittsburgh or my second home in southwest Virginia to cover other areas.

I am also a PAFOA approved vendor per PAFOA Founder / President Dan Pehrson, offering course fee discounts to PAFOA posters, PAFOA paid members and LEO's.

-- standard class fee $75
    -- PAFOA posters (registered users) and PAFOA BRONZE members $65
    -- PAFOA SILVER members and above $60
    -- LEO's $50

Fingerprinting fees, normally $13 per the state, are waived for sizeable enough groups in general.

("non-member" PAFOA posters have to have a registration date on or before a thread advertising a class or have registered 30 days prior to a class to receive the discounted $65 rate; paid PAFOA members of any level have no registration date requirement to receive the $65 or $60 rate)

I will travel to your group, basing my minimum head count upon my time, travel, fuel costs and hotel costs if any. Group minimum head count may vary from 6 to 20+ depending upon location. PM me with your address / zip code for a head count quote. I commonly cover all or part of PA, WV, VA, NC, TN, also OH, KY, SC.

I do accept groups of 6 or smaller at my Pittsburgh area studio and maintain a "wait list" for folks who cannot gather a sizeable group, "plugging" them into open slots at my studio or into other group sessions "on the road" IF the group allows outside attendees (many do not for liability or privacy reasons).

Course does NOT require live fire. Instructor brings 6 - 12 demo firearms. Clearance drills / stoppages / jams are covered using safe, dummy ammo.
    Host a class at your gun club, office, garage, living room - no problem.

Course fee can be postdated 2 weeks or more so as to match your pay schedule / budget. PM me, I'll work with you, no problem.

You have up to 1 year following the class to submit paperwork and initial application fee ($65.25) to Utah, so you can spread your costs out a bit.
    Utah renewals are currently $10 every 5 years, a simple 1 page form, no retraining or fingerprint resubmission required.

General questions can be answered in this thread.
    More involved or specific items best handled by offering email contact info via PM.

I usually work the winter out of my second home in Virginia from mid-Nov thru mid-Mar due to PA / OH / WV's unpredictable winter weather.
    My Pittsburgh area studio is located 1 1/3 miles from Interstate 79 exit 65 (Coraopolis / Neville Island exit).
    Weekday / weeknight sessions available upon request.

any questions? please PM me for contact info ... stay safe everyone

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable