Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default I am incredibly worried.. possibly for my life..

So. A while back, I posted about some guy wanting to sell me a Colt M1991A1 for $200. This is the guy I am worried about.

Let me lay down the groundwork for you all so you can understand the situation. I work with a guy named Jim. We have a client named Alex. Alex has a fckn crazy psychotic brother named Ted.

Two weeks ago, Jim walked into Alex's apartment/place of business to demo some new work he had just finished. The apartment has an outer door, then a main door. Kinda like an airlock (I know there's a better term, but for now I'll use that). Inside the airlock, there is a camera whose stream is viewable from inside the office. So Alex and Ted (inside the office) knew that it was Jim knocking at the door. The door was opened, and Jim walked into the room, to have a gun pointed at his face (we don't know if it was loaded or not, but just the fact that the gun was pointed at his head was fckn scary). This is Ted. This is the one I almost bought the gun from.

So dealings fell through with me and Ted for the gun, of course. Cause he's a lying, schizophrenic, crazy asshole. We exchanged words via texting, where I called him a lying douchebag, etc, he continued his horsecockery as well.

The past couple days have been nightmarish. He started this off by sending me like 20 text messages in a row saying "Yes?" We exchanged words again, he said that his blackberry had a memory bomb, and that he was getting hundreds of blank messages from me. As this is virtually impossible, and the odds of it happening now were actually impossible, I called him a liar, told him he was a jackass, etc. He maintained his stance. This happened at like 10:00-10:15 (my sleeping schedule usually is like 3am-11am) so I started the day off with a migraine. Great. I told him to leave me alone multiple times. I also told him he is the reason I had a migraine. He told me he would sell me special aspirin for $45/gram. I kept thinking.. is this guy really this fucking delusional? He again offered to sell me the gun, to which I replied that I had already bought a gun and didn't want it. To this, he replied "well, I wasn't going to sell it to you anyway." He continued to relate "Marcos" (my last name) with a type of sugar (ie, dextrose, maltose, sucrose, etc). He ended that night with "do you really stick peanuts up your anus? awesome! youre such a sick sugar marcose."

That night, I literally had a nightmare that he was trying to kill me, had me locked in my bathroom, and even though I kept shooting him and hitting him, he kept trying to kill me. I woke up in cold sweats, and went for my gun under my bed in legitimate fear. I haven't had a fucking nightmare since I was 10. It was just so freakin unreal that he would not leave me alone. It was like he was a bully in high school. Except he is a full grown adult, that is crazy, and has a pretty big gun collection. This is where it started to get worrisome.

Again, he sent me another batch of bulk messages. Something along the lines of "There is chaos in babylon, remain useful, and remember, SPACES ARE A FUCKING VULNERABIULITY!!" Something incredibly creepy, and incredibly annoying. I replied with "leave me alone" "and you're a freak, so enjoy living with that." His brother then texted me, saying why I was so mean to him after he just asked me to go skiing. Sure enough, that's when I got a message asking me to go skiing. I explained this to his brother (Alex) who acknowledged I was probably right.

Today, after I had some progress I needed to demo to Alex, I told him I was coming over. He said Ted might be there. I texted Alex saying "Just make sure he doesn't have a gun. If he does, I'll take appropriate action (whether that be draw or flee) and call 911." I was again, legitimately afraid. When I got there, he was leaving. Literally as I pulled up. Alex had to call while I was there to get a Wifi encryption key, and while on speakerphone, I heard "if I see that kid I'm gonna kill him" after he was discussing how I was being mean to him. Which was not true.

Now here's the problem. I told his brother, after he told me something about being sprayed with skunk juice, that "if he sprays me with skunk juice, i'm shooting him in the leg." Mind you, I sent this to Alex, who knew I was joking, but he shared this with Ted, who is now using it as what appears to be fuel to keep me from either a) going to the police or b) calling the police if a situation arises. Today we exchanged words again via texting, where I said that what he said could have warranted a terroristic threat, and he brought up the "shoot in the leg thing."

What should I do? Sorry that's so vague, but I am both scared and nervous, both for my life and my gun rights. It was a stupid thing to joke about, I understand, but should that stop me from going to the police?
    Last edited by RocketFoot; January 29th, 2009 at 04:49 PM.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

(Somerset County)

Default Re: I am incredibly worried.. possibly for my life..

WOW is this an episode of days of our lives? Man you need to tell someone before you end up in a foot locker. Good luck!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by david1 View Post
    WOW is this an episode of days of our lives? Man you need to tell someone before you end up in a foot locker. Good luck!
    I know. Each time I revisit the scenario in my mind, I think how the hell is this happening? This guy is literally psycho. And the fact that we both have guns is scaring the living piss out of me.

Any specific advice per what I should do?

(Berks County)

My thoughts would be this...

If you are genuinely concerned for your well being, contact the police and file an harrassment complaint/charges. If you saved all the text messages, that would help alot. Granted, the whole skunk juice, shoot in leg thing will most likely be damning towards you, you still might be able to get a PFA agianst him. If you are able to get a PFA, (I'm no lawyer on this, so correct me if I'm wrong) he would most likely have his gun(s) removed into "protective custody".

If that's not a very viable route to take, stop doing business with them. If "Alex" won't take you seriously, let him know that you no longer take any business dealings with him seriously. Whether it hurts you or not, you need to cut all ties with them. But definitely have your ducks in a row when you call the police.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: I am incredibly worried..

Along with Ted, I too am beyond pissed and like you I now have a migraine.

Default Re: I am incredibly worried..

Flame suit on: This is why there should be a test to purchase firearms. The test could simply be proving that you are at a maturity level above the average 7th grader. Sorry, but if you are so worried, call the police.
    Jules

restraining order i would guess is the legal way maybe call the cops on him and tell them he has drugs and guns maybe they will search hopefully they find drugs and illegal guns. or you could just shoot him already.

*dont listen to my advice it is usually bad*

you will get plenty of great advice here probably going to say go to the police doesnt mater what you said before its probably best to go to the police before thing really get bad and hopefully your the one calling saying shots fired.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota 35-1 View Post
    My thoughts would be this...

If you are genuinely concerned for your well being, contact the police and file an harrassment complaint/charges. If you saved all the text messages, that would help alot. Granted, the whole skunk juice, shoot in leg thing will most likely be damning towards you, you still might be able to get a PFA agianst him. If you are able to get a PFA, (I'm no lawyer on this, so correct me if I'm wrong) he would most likely have his gun(s) removed into "protective custody".

If that's not a very viable route to take, stop doing business with them. If "Alex" won't take you seriously, let him know that you no longer take any business dealings with him seriously. Whether it hurts you or not, you need to cut all ties with them. But definitely have your ducks in a row when you call the police.
    I have like none of the texts... I was ready to just drop this until I heard the "if I see that kid again I'm going to kill him" bit on a speakerphones convo between him and his brother with me sitting right next to him. There were two witnesses to that - his brother Alex who I'm not sure would be willing to say that it happened, and his receptionist, a 40 year old mother who would be willing to say it happened.

Just called ATT on that account and they said that I can view that texts were exchanged in my online account, but the only way to view the contents would be through a court subpoena.

(Bucks County)

Avoid these people at all costs, business or otherwise. Staying in contact with them or replying to text messages etc. is just asking for more of the same.
    And be vigilant with your situational awareness 100% of the time.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; January 29th, 2009 at 04:54 PM.

(Lehigh County)

And you're still dealing with Alex why?

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast