Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Exclamation Would denial of out-of-state permit jepordize PA LTCF?

Hypothetical question... Already having a valid PA LTCF and considering applying for an out of state one (i.e Utah - Florida), but also seeing that they appear to be much more stringent on the background "indiscretions" as evidenced by the questions on the form (at least Utah's application does), would a denial by UTAH affect an existing PA LTCF?

Meaning, if Utah (or any other state for that matter) denies an application, would PA have grounds to revoke at will or not renew when the time comes?

Does anyone have experience in this area?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Would denial of out-of-state permit jepordize PA LTCF?

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    Hypothetical question... Already having a valid PA LTCF and considering applying for an out of state one (i.e Utah - Florida), but also seeing that they appear to be much more stringent on the background "indiscretions" as evidenced by the questions on the form (at least Utah's application does), would a denial by UTAH affect an existing PA LTCF?

Meaning, if Utah (or any other state for that matter) denies an application, would PA have grounds to revoke at will or not renew when the time comes?

Does anyone have experience in this area?
    No personal experience, but Pa's requirements are just that. You don't have to meet another state's requirements to be eligible for a Pa. LTCF. I don't meet Md's standards (and would most certainly be denied if I applied), but I have licenses from both Pa. and Ut.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

If anything, I guess it may slow things down. If the application asks if you've been denied, you'll have to explain. An "indescretion," as you say may slow things down quite a bit, wheras getting turned down in MD or NJ for "justifiable need," can easily be explained.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    If anything, I guess it may slow things down. If the application asks if you've been denied, you'll have to explain. An "indescretion," as you say may slow things down quite a bit, wheras getting turned down in MD or NJ for "justifiable need," can easily be explained.
    Pa's application does not ask if you have ever been denied, only if you currently possess a license from another state.

most folks move around and most states do ask if you have ever been turned down and if you have and don't answer that question you could be charged maybe Pa doesn't ask that question but many states do and then you have to explain why!!!!!!!!!
    this is why I tell folks its not wise to apply to NJ or MD or NYC cause you will get turned down

sprat
    Packing.org,Deloc,Open carry,Florida Carry Concealed,LFI Graduate

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    most folks move around and most states do ask if you have ever been turned down
    Can you be more specific as to which states ask this question, or at least the number of states that definitely do?

And "most folks move around"....how the heck to you determine that? Most of the population, or just most of those who have a firearms license?

(Northampton County)

As I understand it, in Pennsylvania there is an ultimate truth about whether or not a person is legally about to possess guns and/or get a LTCF. PICS and a Sheriff's issuance or non-issuance of a LTCF may help indicate whether or not you are legally qualified, but they do not in and of themselves determine your legal qualification.

In other words, people who are in fact prohibited from possessing firearms do indeed pass PICS from time to time, and people who are legally qualified to get a LTCF occasionally are denied the license. As long as you are still legally qualified to get your PA LTCF, you shouldn't have any problems beyond an appeal in order to receive it.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lehigh County)

Ill run this one past GunLawyer this Sunday at the Hellertown seminar and post the response.
    Last edited by /dev/null; February 3rd, 2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Can you be more specific as to which states ask this question, or at least the number of states that definitely do?

And "most folks move around"....how the heck to you determine that? Most of the population, or just most of those who have a firearms license?
    greg
    if I may call you that! you seem you have problem with my comments (twice in one week) having a bad week
    you should know I supported you in your quest to get your license back, as did others

as a former contributor of Packing.org this subject was bantered about numerous times about applying and getting refused! this question is found on numerous applications. I believe NJ is one, their NJFID card application ask's that question as do others ( no I can not name them it has been a while)

second here in Florida ( I am a snow bird ) almost everyone comes from someplace else half of eastern Pa comes from NJ or NY. thats why you have the liberial voting block in eastern Pa. if you don't think people are moving around a bit you just missed the real estate boom

your talents can be put to better use that going after me

sprat Res Florida CCW, Non-res LTCF Pa, NJFID, Irish FAC
    Packing.org,Deloc,Open carry,Florida Carry Concealed,LFI Graduate

(Franklin County)

greg
    if I may call you that!
    Sure. It's not like my identity is a secret.
    you seem you have problem with my comments (twice in one week) having a bad week
    Not at all. I simply disagree with some statements that you have made - presumably 'statements of fact', which I have asked for clarification on.
    you should know I supported you in your quest to get your license back, as did others
    I appreciate that, but I'm not sure I understand why you mention it. I certainly didn't and will not make any promise to not disagree with someone who contributed. If you regret your decision to assist me, please forward the details of you donation, and I will return it to you (after verifying against my records, of course). I've already checked, and I don't have your username cross-referenced with your real name, or I would have written the check out/returned the PayPal funds already.
    as a former contributor of Packing.org this subject was bantered about numerous times about applying and getting refused! this question is found on numerous applications. I believe NJ is one, their NJFID card application ask's that question as do others ( no I can not name them it has been a while)

second here in Florida ( I am a snow bird ) almost everyone comes from someplace else half of eastern Pa comes from NJ or NY. thats why you have the liberial voting block in eastern Pa. if you don't think people are moving around a bit you just missed the real estate boom
    I have no problem with anyone having an opinion, what I don't like to see is someone putting that opinion forward as fact. In your last post, you noted that "I believe NJ is one", a much more reasonable statement than "most states do ask if you have ever been turned down".
    your talents can be put to better use that going after me
    I agree, which is why I haven't gone after "you", but rather after your ambiguous statements. Look around, you're not the first person I've disagreed with, and I guarantee you won't be the last.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast