Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 10 tax per firearm per year - HB 760 reintroduced

At one of our former Harrisburg legislative rallies I lead a team of gun owners (50-55 people) into Rep Cruz and several cosponsors on this bill, to confront them on this bill, with their views about a 10 tax per a firearm. The overwhelming outcry from gun owners all across this state caused cosponsors to pull their names on HB 760. ACTVIST GUN OWNERS have that kind of political power to stop extreme bill like this from ever moving.

If you read the advance copy attached where Rep Cruz is looking for cosponsors, from gunowners past actions, I doubt he will find any.

At this point this is NOT an actual bill yet, till it actually gets filed with a new bill number. So I am just giving everyone a heads up on how far they want to restrict firearms ownership in the future.

Here is ACSL Anti Gun Rights Bills Summary with a review of HB 760

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/Harr...f%204-2007.htm

HB 760 – ALL Firearms Registration Act.

INTRODUCED BY CRUZ, YOUNGBLOOD, PARKER, WHEATLEY, BENNINGTON AND CURRY

1) You are required to register all of your firearms with the PA state police, other than machine guns or “antique firearms”.

2) Beginning with, and every year after registration begins, you are required to submit or provide all the following personal information in your renewal application for every firearm you own:

- Your name

- Your home address

- Your business address

- Your telephone number

- Your birth date

- Your social security number

- Your age & citizenship

- The name, make, model, manufacture, caliber or gauge and serial number for

every firearm.

- Two passport sized photos taken less than 30 days prior to your renewal.

- $10 per firearm application fee every year.

- You also must submit your fingerprints to the PA state police.

3) If you are approved to continue to own your firearms, you will be issued an owner’s registration certificate with your photo, along with your other personal information, for each firearm. You must carry it at all times with that firearm, and you must show “your papers” to any police officer upon demand.

4) Your additional duties as a registered firearm owner:

- You must notify the state police within 48 hours of the loss, theft or destruction of a firearm, or the registration certificate for it.

- Any change of any information on the registration certificate must be reported within 48 hours.

- If you sell one of your registered guns or buy or transfer a firearm, you must notify the state police not less than 48 hours prior to delivery.

- You must return to the state police the original registration certificate for any firearm is lost, stolen, destroyed or disposed of with 48 hours.

5) You must keep any firearm in your possession unloaded and disassembled or bound by trigger lock or stored in a gun safe unless the firearm is in your immediate possession or under control at your home, your business, or while you are still allowed to use it in lawful recreational purposes.

6) The PA state police are empowered to make up any additional rules or regulations that they deem fit to allow you the privilege of keeping your registered firearms.

The proposed fee is only $10 per firearm, however expect future increases to fully administer all sections of this act. Also watch the summary offense for violating any section of this act change to a misdemeanor or a felony, with real jail time and a very large fine.
    At this point in time NO one has to call, email or write anyone YET about this proposed legislation. I will let you know when to act, or better yet come to OUR April 21, 2009 rally and tell the Reps yourself how you feel about gun control bills like this.....

READ THE ATTACHMENT
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; January 28th, 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Default Re: 10 tax per firearm per year - HB 760 reintroduced

HAHHH... who do i write my check out to
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

What guns?
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Franklin County)

The PA state police are empowered to make up any additional rules or regulations that they deem fit to allow you the privilege of keeping your registered firearms.
    You know I'm no constitutional scholar, but I could have sworn firearms were a right. Looks like it's time for another rally... but I don't know where to start...
    Last edited by Pro2A; January 28th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

(Bucks County)

They are just trying to create a registry. Why ?????

(Berks County)

Just the big city morons trying saying "You won't let us do it in our cities, we'll require it for the entire state." This stands the proverbial snowball's chance in hell of ever making it out of the house, much less the senate.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

6) The PA state police are empowered to make up any additional rules or regulations that they deem fit to allow you the privilege of keeping your registered firearms.
    There's a word in there that would render the law un-Constitutional even if they managed to get it passed.

"Privilege" is a deliberate attempt to rewrite both state and federal Constitutions. The person who wrote that bill is a traitor, and should be tarred, feathered, and paraded through the streets of Harrisburg as a warning to others who hate our rights, freedom, and way of life.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    There's a word in there that would render the law un-Constitutional even if they managed to get it passed.

"Privilege" is a deliberate attempt to rewrite both state and federal Constitutions. The person who wrote that bill is a traitor, and should be tarred, feathered, and paraded through the streets of Harrisburg as a warning to others who hate our rights, freedom, and way of life.
    damn good post joe. i have to spread the love though..
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    What guns?
    yeah what guns? I'm here for the motivational poster post.

(Allegheny County)

Cruz is slime.
    I sat in his office last year with Kim and Doug and the others in our rally group. He smiled so slick you could see he was a sleeze.

then he pretended to have to go meet with the govenor, the secretary called in, to get us out. not 10 min later I had gone to the restroom and saw him.

he is a the kind of guy that smiles at you while he lies

makes me sick that people like him are in our government.

I look forward to meeting him again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast