Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Fobus SP11B LH?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Fobus SP11B LH?

I picked up a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro at a local gun show. It was not my first choice but the Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact is pretty much impossible to find.

I posted this on the Taurus forum. I was looking to find a Fobus paddle for the left hand and it was recommended that I go for the Fobus SP11LH for the H&K P2000. I then found references that said the Millennium Pros will not work with the SP11 and need the SP11B. Fobus does not make a left handed SP11B.

So I took a few shots of the PT111 Mil Pro in the SP11LH. Can anyone determine by my photos if the PT111 is actually fitting correctly? Since I don't have anything else to compare with. I never used a kydex type holster an not sure how the fit is supposed look.

Is the gun riding up to high?

The barrel is about 2 inches from the bottom edge of the holster. Is this correct?

The gun does seem to lock into place and is very snug but still not sure if it is fitting correctly.

If this is not correct then it must be due to the guns long trigger guard which hits the tension screw and prevents the gun from going all the way down.
    By the looks of it it seems that the molded trigger guard area isn't long enough so the screw probably isn't the issue.

I would really like to see a photo of a Mil Pro in a SP11B if anyone has one to post to compare.

Thanks..Jamz
    Last edited by jamz; January 26th, 2009 at 09:46 PM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Fobus SP11B LH?

I have a Fobus HK1 for my PT140 pro - looks very similar to what you have there as far as trigger guard cover. I don't use my Fobus holster often - the gun does feel like it's riding far too high in the holster.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Fobus SP11B LH?

That doesn't look right to me. The extra length wouldn't concern me but the fit at the trigger guard would. I have several bladetech holsters of an open top design like that. They also have an adjustment screw (near trigger guard) and provide positive retention and cover the trigger guard. I would not use that Fobus holster for day to day carry.

Not to state the obvious, but use a holster designed for the gun. Bianchi Carry-Lok holsters including the paddle version have left hand models for the Taurus PT111.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=83
    Last edited by panther76; January 27th, 2009 at 01:10 PM.