Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: What gun shops do you use?

Welcome Gunone! Glad to have you around! I usually shoot at either Nescopeck Rod and Gun or Dr Palmisanos range in Wapwallopen and try to hit some of LCLEO's Service Rifle/Garand and PPC matches @ Palmisanos when I can.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Luzerne County)

Hey everyone......

WE HAVE NEW SHOP HOURS

Tuesday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Wednesday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Thursday - 2pm to 9:30pm
    Friday - 2pm to 9:00pm
    Saturday - 10am to 6pm

Appointments Welcome!!!!!
    Tuesday - Friday Appointments available from 9am to 2pm
    Sunday & Monday - By Appointment - From 10am to 9pm

I am running the shop full time now.
    I am typically in by 10am doing paperwork, orders, customer inquirys, shipping, internet stuff, and other errands. It is no trouble to accomodiate customers during my off hours via appointment, as I am here anyway.

For those who are PAFOA members....we are happy to work with all of our customers....but are willing to dig even deeper for PAFOA members... if we have the room.....

Please introduce yourself when you come it or if you are buying something....show us your seceret PAFOA decoder ring.....or...............just let us know you are on PAFOA and we will try to offer the best pricing for you.
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

it was in the paper toay that d&r is in trouble again. any one hear anything?

(Luzerne County)

I think it is just closure on the original issues. They were accused of selling (mostly night vision/thermal optics) to people outside the US (such acts need US Govt approval). His main contact was some guy from Russia.

Let's think about this for a minute...where are nearlly all of the night vision devices on the market to civillians made? Russia and/or previous Com Bloc nations.

Soooo, they make the devices, they ship them to the US, somebody from the US sells them back and it's illegal?

I'm sure there is more to it and I understand the point of keeping it out of terroists hands.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Luzerne County)

i was at piestracks today to pick up a new toy. they were getting calls while i was there asking about d&r.

(Luzerne County)

hello i am new to the site just joined today and i seen this topic and took a look
    i would lke to add if you dont mind ive been to alot of the local shops in the area window shopping over the years and ive bought a few firearms .
    i did like gun junction in hanover and bought most of my hand guns from there the owner was a great guy but he retired.
    i have been using shawnee guns for a while now mark is a good man he runs a good shop and is willing to help anyone that is why i use him more and more he has become a close friend of the family mark always takes good care of my wife and me and is always ready to deal.

i was in to advanced arms over the summer and the guy that was there was very friendly and helpful the shop was well stocked and reasonabel with the prices compared to some places ive seen.

i usualy go to shawnee for every thing i dont mind because it is always on the way to the range but i will be using advanced because it is the only shop right here close to where i live that i know of so as far as i am concerned i know have a set of resources

(Luzerne County)

Loci,

Thanks for the kind word...

Just a reminder guys.....please mention that you are a PAFOA member when shopping or buying....I will try to dig even deeper when it comes to price
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

(Luzerne County)

A bunch of us stopped by AA the other day after our PAFOA meet at Perkins. First time there and lots to look at.

My wife and I was checking out the Glock G26. She wants something for her, and I want a small off-duty carry. We'll be back

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR20FAN View Post
    I shop at Bravermans, and Anthony Arms
    The last gun I bought at Bravermans I later decided I wanted a couple more magazines for it and they didn't have any and refused to order it for me; even if I paid for them in advance.

I'm guessing Braverman is a family that hates each other and all of them lost their personalities a good 10 years ago. I cant remember ever even being greeted upon entering their store; and I dont mean a warm welcome, they acknowledge your existence by looking at you...and usually out of the corner of there eye.

So I stopped at High Tech Hand Guns on the way to the Gamelands and he gladly ordered the magazines, which we all knew would take a long time to get, and in the mean time I changed my phone number and High Tech couldn't get in touch with me. Well over a year later, I stopped by having completely forgotten about the magazine order and he greeted me by name as I entered; we chatted for a good 20 minutes and he never brought up the magazines till I remembered and asked and he went and got them. He didn't bring it up waiting to see if I asked first to keep things friendly. That's the only place I will buy a gun now. I often stop by just to chat and in doing so I get to witness the service he provides all his customers. No problem you have goes without being straightened out.

High Tech Hand Guns
    9012 Perry Highway
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237
    412-367-9294

Ask for Jeff

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    A bunch of us stopped by AA the other day after our PAFOA meet at Perkins.
    How often do these meets happen? I guess I missed something somewhere.
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast