Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me ?

Default Is it just me ?

Or are some of the posts on this, and other sites, that to the 2A community seem like tongue in cheek fun, bad for the image of not only OC, but the firearms community in general ?

I do not mean making a light hearted, or sarcastic remark in a post. I am talking about a thread that has absurd "what if" scenarios, or shows pictures of someones firearm that I do not believe they would carry seriously on a daily basis.

The idea of making OC acceptable because that is how one chooses to carry, and it is our right,and this is how I always carry, or making a political stance and proving a point are one thing. But posting pictures of firearms that I do not believe the poster would carry on a daily basis, and calling it the perfect OC gun is another. To me it seems to demean the efforts, of those who take this issue seriously.

I stand behind these peoples right to do so, but it seems to me there are a lot of folks saying that " Its the Internet dude, get over it " and they do not understand that their words, and images do not disappear from the mind of the reader when you hit the little X.

There are places other than a designated OC portion of this, and, or other sites where one can have fun, and I love to have fun. I just do not want the anti 2A crowd zooming in on my fun, and and proclaiming it to be the train of thought in an otherwise serious forum.

Maybe this is just me being a 47 year old "dude", but I still think that ones words carry weight, be it for good, or ill.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Is it just me ?

No, its not just you.

Its the internet dude, get over it.

If we have "fun" with our posts, you say we give ammo to the antis to use against us.

If we keep it serious, like you suggest, we'll bore new shooters right out of the sport.

But really.. its the internet dude, get over it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, it's the internet, get over it.

(Lackawanna County)

The anti's don't need any more ammo, they already have "statistics" bought and paid for to do that. Just like was said before, too serious might bore some people away. More importantly, being more informal makes this a more tight nit community. Frankly, the goofing off concept, I think, is why this site is as popular as it is. There are plenty of other forums out there, just none of them feel right.

(Lancaster County)

It's just you... No hard feelings.

Anti's already have all the ammo they need, Some gun's look scary.

The fun zrt type stuff keeps us checking in on this site daily and inturn keeps some of us informed on other issues in the "new posts" that we normally wouldn't come here for. I think the fun we have on here helps us 2a's come together as a team, more than it helps anti's divide us.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(York County)

Yes. It's just you.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Blair County)

Actually there is less "screwing off" on this board than 99% of the boards I have been on. I think the balance is great here.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by kurt 10/22 View Post
    Maybe this is just me being a 47 year old "dude", but I still think that ones words carry weight, be it for good, or ill.
    as much as i hate to run with the group, yes, it's just you. thankfully, most here have a sense of humor, even me! i known as being very serious most of the time, but even i can crack a joke here and there.

there are, of course, other forums where humor isn't valued as much; www.defensivecarry.com comes to mind. i'm sure you'll find more like minded individuals there, but i would encourage you to stay, if you can get over it.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i known as being very serious most of the time, but even i can crack a joke here and there.
    you see! this is me, joking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast