Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County Sports and Travel Show

Visitor Information
    Show Hours

Wednesday February 18th 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Thursday February 19th 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Friday February 20th 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Saturday February 21st 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Sunday February 22nd 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Adults: $8.50
    Children 12 & Under: FREE
    $1 Off Coupons available at participating McDonald's locations.

Default Re: Allegheny County Sports and Travel Show

Oh how I love the "Sportsman Show" as I like to call it. Where do I even start? How about with the free Post Gazette that gets shoved into your face after walking in to the smell of the "trout pond". The bass demo tank is also a favorite of mine. I will also break down and buy a bag of turkey jerky before heading upstairs for the main event. I can hear the turkey calls and crow calls now. I can even smell a tint of piss wafting out from the disgusting bathroom by the top of the steps. I head right for the guy selling "Bobbers for a Dollar" in hopes that I will win a .25cent fishing lure that I will never use. I might even stop at a table and look at someone's gear that they are selling...wait, they don't really have any good deals there anymore. I will buy my bag of candied nuts at the back and then head on over to the other side for a look see at the Rattlesnake Roundup. A stop at the Copenhagen tent is in order. Like they actually need the half naked girls in there to get me in the tent?????? Then it is off to the guy that sells the knife sharpeners. I calmly will ask, "Does that work on serrated blades too"? The guy will wisp my Spyderco from my hand it work it for all he is worth, then cut a sheet of newspaper with it. I don't think he has figured out that he has sharpened that knife at least ten times. Then it is off to the "As seen on TV" stand. I am hoping that it will be the Sham WOW guy this year. Seeing someone cut through a hammer and then "fillet" a tomato gets old after a while. Then, for the grand finally, get some Shore Lunch catfish balls then head for the door, stopping to pee at the stinky bathroom. I will no doubt have had fifteen babies wearing full camo run into the back of my legs in their strollers by this point in time. No doubt time to leave. All of this aside, I will no doubt be there in full force this year to collect my bag of flyers that I will use as bathroom reading material for a few days. Eventually, my wife will ask, "Can I throw this away"? I just have to tell her, "No, I swear to God, I am going out west this coming fall and need to call some of those outfitters". Oh well, the free snuff is worth the price of admission, and the people watching is even better. See you all there, I will be the tall guy with a bag of chew and bloody ankles.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

Where is it this year?
    The Lord Bless You

(Beaver County)

Sounds like it might be a good day out, Sports and travel Show in the afternoon, and the international buffet at 6pm on 2-22!!!
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Oh how I love the "Sportsman Show" as I like to call it. Where do I even start? How about with the free Post Gazette that gets shoved into your face after walking in to the smell of the "trout pond". The bass demo tank is also a favorite of mine. I will also break down and buy a bag of turkey jerky before heading upstairs for the main event. I can hear the turkey calls and crow calls now. I can even smell a tint of piss wafting out from the disgusting bathroom by the top of the steps. I head right for the guy selling "Bobbers for a Dollar" in hopes that I will win a .25cent fishing lure that I will never use. I might even stop at a table and look at someone's gear that they are selling...wait, they don't really have any good deals there anymore. I will buy my bag of candied nuts at the back and then head on over to the other side for a look see at the Rattlesnake Roundup. A stop at the Copenhagen tent is in order. Like they actually need the half naked girls in there to get me in the tent?????? Then it is off to the guy that sells the knife sharpeners. I calmly will ask, "Does that work on serrated blades too"? The guy will wisp my Spyderco from my hand it work it for all he is worth, then cut a sheet of newspaper with it. I don't think he has figured out that he has sharpened that knife at least ten times. Then it is off to the "As seen on TV" stand. I am hoping that it will be the Sham WOW guy this year. Seeing someone cut through a hammer and then "fillet" a tomato gets old after a while. Then, for the grand finally, get some Shore Lunch catfish balls then head for the door, stopping to pee at the stinky bathroom. I will no doubt have had fifteen babies wearing full camo run into the back of my legs in their strollers by this point in time. No doubt time to leave. All of this aside, I will no doubt be there in full force this year to collect my bag of flyers that I will use as bathroom reading material for a few days. Eventually, my wife will ask, "Can I throw this away"? I just have to tell her, "No, I swear to God, I am going out west this coming fall and need to call some of those outfitters". Oh well, the free snuff is worth the price of admission, and the people watching is even better. See you all there, I will be the tall guy with a bag of chew and bloody ankles.
    Jules

Jules, I for one appreciate your overview of what I can expect.

I haven't been to one in quite a few years and I believe the good Lord lets you forget all the little details of why you haven't been there for that duration.

I'm glad you didn't put too much of a negative spin on it.

I almost wished I chewed .

I do need to get an edge on my karambit. Now I have to make a decision.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

It is at the Davis Lawernce Convention Cneter this year.

http://www.sportandtravel.com/pittsburgh/
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

So anyone going?

I'm going on Saturday the 22nd.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final