Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Now Posted: the Steamtown Mall

yet another business is posted.

i just off the phone with my brother. he called to give me the news that there's now a sign on the entrance to the mall stating that no firearms are allowed.

the problem? you'd never see it unless you were tying your shoes.

he said he caught it by pure luck. it's about ankle height, and very small. if i didn't know any better, it seems that they don't want anyone to really see it, so that maybe they can call 911, perhaps?

i'll post pics when i get a chance. hopefully, i won't get caught doing that, because taking photos of the mall or it's storefronts is also against "the rules".

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Now Posted: the Steamtown Mall

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    yet another business is posted.

i just off the phone with my brother. he called to give me the news that there's now a sign on the entrance to the mall stating that no firearms are allowed.

the problem? you'd never see it unless you were tying your shoes.

he said he caught it by pure luck. it's about ankle height, and very small. if i didn't know any better, it seems that they don't want anyone to really see it, so that maybe they can call 911, perhaps?

i'll post pics when i get a chance. hopefully, i won't get caught doing that, because taking photos of the mall or it's storefronts is also against "the rules".
    Hey, no pics. Plausible deniability. At this point, this is still rumor. That seems like an excuse for them to kick out "questionable" OCers.

(Lackawanna County)

HAHAHA!

I work at the Scranton Enterprise Center, and I went over there for some food. While finishing up a smoke, I figured I would just take a quick peek for no guns signs. I was contemplating taking a picture, but my phone's camera is miserable. It is literally a 3" square, about a foot off the ground. It's like they're still in the closet about not wanting guns in the mall.

I'll bring my camera to work tomorrow so I can snap off a pic and post it if I have time for tomorrow night - it really is pretty amusing.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

(Lackawanna County)

well, i took a look for myself. it's pretty sad; the sticker is about the size of a pack of cigarettes, and it's clearly visible, if you were to tie your shoes in front of the door. i took some pics, but i can't seem to load them. some people in front gave me a queery look as i was snapping away.

"whatcha doin', man?"

"takin' some pictures of this door, man."

"wha' for?"

"to show my friends this little sticker."

"what sticker?"

i pointed at it. they leaned in, and read it. "why'd they make that so small?"

i shrugged. "maybe they realize that signs don't hold any legal weight in PA?"

"seriously?"

i nodded. "well, see ya."

you'd think they'd make the sign much bigger, and, you know, at eye level, so people can see it.

Course, maybe the malls owners don't care whether you are carrying or not, but insurance said post it. So... they are posted, and if you don't cause a stink you won't have a problem.

Maybe.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Cumberland County)

Maybe their really making a big mistake. It sounds to me they are purposefully targeting vertically challenge Americans. If I were a little people I'd really be pissed. If I were a little people and say somewhat disabled possibly using crutches as an aid in walking I'd really be pissed.

They're targeting lil people....this shit needs stopped NOW. Support your 2A lil people fund. Where's the NRA.........

(Luzerne County)

As described, their sign needs an accessory… like a 3-foot by 2-foot sign stating:

ASININE SIGN
    PLACEMENT
    FOUND BELOW.

(Lackawanna County)

So, got a chance to snap off some pics while getting food. Since I am a nonconfrontational pussy, I tried to take the pics as quick as possible without people noticing. The second picture (the closeup, blurry one) is where I fell in an attempt to be stealthy. Today I learned, I am not stealthy.

Let me know if you can't see the pics - just switched to a new dedicated server for hosting and I've been struggling to get the DNS set up right.

"Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

(Lackawanna County)

Hmm. Firearms prohibited? So going on the carry definition of firearms, we can still bring long guns in there? Cool. Like anyone could read that sign anyways. That's just so they can say that they do have a policy about it and kick you out without looking like they're discriminating.

(Mercer County)

It could also be that they don't want a big, freakin' sign that gets people nervous, wondering what happened that caused the sign.

Next thing ya know, it's a PR mess.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast