Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Season of LOST!

Im just going to say this.

Season one - when the smoke is coming and there's a cut just before the commercial break and locke stays to confront the smoke and the he goes "you?" and then it cuts to commercial and you never know who he talked to.

Just sayin

The only thing he ever spoke of it was to Jack when he said he looked into the eye of the island...that was as close to a reference as you'd get.

The episodes have names for reasons as well.

Last night's was "the little prince"

discuss.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I'm just going to say this.

Season one - when the smoke is coming and there's a cut just before the commercial break and locke stays to confront the smoke and the he goes "you?" and then it cuts to commercial and you never know who he talked to.
    I've always wondered exactly what is was that Locke saw in that smoke. The direction he was given off-screen was "it's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen." So what and whom was in that cloud?

The closest the audience has ever gotten to seeing that smoke was the episode in which it approached Mr. Eko and it showed him all sorts of spooky shit from his past. When asked why it retreated, he simply said "I was not afraid of it." But then later it slams his ass into some trees and kills him. What changed? (Aside: Eko was frickin' awesome. I could've lived without the other Tailies, but he was extraordinary!)

And for that matter, what the HELL is that damn smoke? After more than four seasons, I'm ready to lay this mystery to rest.

The episodes have names for reasons as well.

Last night's was "the little prince"

discuss.
    Ya know, I've been pondering on this. Usually it's quite obvious what the title implies by the end of the show, but this one is over my head. Is it a reference to Aaron? I mean, he's really the only young person involved in the plot. I'll have to pay closer attention during my second viewing.
    "Pride and dignity are good, but only in moderation." P-11 Shooter

Im super observant but I don't like to say anything until Im sure.

But I will say that my current line of thought is definitely the nosebleeds. Faraday is pretty quick at figuring stuff out.

He gave a slight hint of the nosebleed as an reference of exposure time on the island.

We have nosebleeds in this order

Charlotte
    Miles
    Juliet

One WOULD think Juliet had been there the longest but Im guessing not so much. There's a link between Charlotte and the island as well as Miles.

Im guessing they may have been born there despite the whole issue of pregnancies and the island (of course place of conception is what matters).

Im guessing this is the avenue they're taking this. My guess is there is another season or two of lost still....dont expect answers for the long standing mysteries any time soon.

(Allegheny County)

I've been wondering about the nosebleeds myself. We know Juliet has been on the island 3 years or so. We also know Charlotte has some connection to the island from her youth. Unfortunately a lot of her backstory got cut out due to the writers strike according to the shows producers. I've been thinking Miles is Chang's infant son in the opening scene of the seasons first episode. I can't think of why else they would have shown us that, but who knows. I've definitely been enjoying this season more than 4.

(Allegheny County)

He gave a slight hint of the nosebleed as an reference of exposure time on the island.

We have nosebleeds in this order

Charlotte
    Miles
    Juliet
    As far as Charlotte, she told Dan in the Season Four finale that she would not go back to the freighter because she wanted to know more about where she was born. Even Dan looked a bit clueless on that. I'm not sure exactly what she knows or remembers about the island, but she sure wasn't surprised to find that Dharma polar bear in the desert. I can't remember the episode or even the exact conversation, but I'd swear Miles referenced Charlotte being born or growing up on the island.

As for Miles- I called it during the season premiere- is most likely Dr. Bitchy's son. From the conversation he had with Dan this past episode, he doesn't seem to know he was ever on the island. Which brings up the question of how he got off the island before the Dharma genocide occurred. Hmm.

The writers have claimed that Claire will not be around this season, but will play an important role in the final season. Something I just picked up the other day from "The Shape of Things to Come" came from Keamy's siege on Ben's house. Claire was knocked around by an explosion on her house but was rescued by Sawyer. When she awakes, Sawyer asks her how she is doing to which she replies "I'm alright, I'll live." Miles says- and no one else in the house notices this- "I wouldn't count on it."

So did Claire sustain an injury in the explosion that killed her? That would explain why her dad came for her and she is in Jacob's cabin with him. But if she is dead, where is her body? And where is Christain's body for that matter? It was never found after the crash- just an empty casket. And what is with his white sneakers? The writers have said that is important.
    Last edited by slicknick131; February 5th, 2009 at 08:12 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Did you guys know that the creators said Jacob appeared in the first episode but had no speaking part?

(Allegheny County)

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that some time ago.

I have yet to figure out WTF it means, though.

TONIGHTS EPISODE......This Place Is Death

(Lebanon County)

I can't wait! I have been reading some things online and rewatching previous seasons to see if I can find things I missed. I have read some CRAZY theories too! (I found one online that the creators gave an "A" to though....)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    I can't wait! I have been reading some things online and rewatching previous seasons to see if I can find things I missed. I have read some CRAZY theories too! (I found one online that the creators gave an "A" to though....)
    I used to be reallll into LOST - even was a psychotic dedicated lost forum member and did all the ARG's and got myself set as a VIP on a few of the sites after helping to fix some DB scaling issues for their forums...

I just got jaded for pretty much all of season 3 - the first half SUCKED.

I did end up in a private chat with the site owner from 48..com and a few of the writers...interesting conversations...they answered questions with questions...in true form.

I don't keep up with it that deep anymore....but obsession can be fun for 10 minutes out of every day.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast