Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default SS Card in wallet?

I am curious as to how many people carry their SS Card in their wallet? I always have and I just started thinking it may not be that smart to do. Anyone feel the same and dont carry it?

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: SS Card in wallet?

i have mine and my son's in mine. then again i have life lock.. so i'm not worried...
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Lebanon County)

My husband is adament about keeping them in a safe deposit box.

(Dauphin County)

I carry mine....dont know what for though...always did. Maybe incase I have to show "PAPERS" at Obama checkpoint B

(Lancaster County)

I used to but now I have multiple forms of ID and it doesn't seem like it is worth carrying just in case I were to lose my wallet. BTW I've heard the SS admin. will only replace it a limited # of times over your lifetime were you to lose yours.

(Chester County)

I keep all important documents in my wallet. No money. Money and bank cards always go someplace else.

I should probably change that around a bit, but for now, its a functional system.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

No, haven't carried it for years. How often do you actually need to show it? I think the SS Admin. tells you not to carry it unless you have a specific need for it on a certain day.

(Beaver County)

I have mine in there. I had it laminated years ago when I had my permit to carry concealed laminated. (Back then it was paper) My SS# is my work ID, as is my PA Drivers Lic #, so mine is on my badge, paychecks, any emails or paperwork I get. I don't really worry about it, never bothered me. Some folks at work hate it. I know my drivers lic number off by heart.... 22-562-*** expires Nov 20 2010....Don't need to look to fill that stuff in on forms!

I'm not worried about identity theft for some reason, I know it happens... but I like to bury my in the sand for that one.

One time someone used a debit card and used Western Union to transfer $900 out of my checking account to some third world country every 60 minuts until it ran dry. The next day my wife looked online at the bank and was about to KILL ME. She immediately thought I purchased something large and stupid and called me yelling.... I called the police, The bank, and the FBI got involved because of the amount of money, and I had to close and re-open my bank accounts. Lucky for me, Western Union did not transfer the funds out of the USA yet, and after a couple months I got it all back. It sux when you have almost $10K ganked out from under you overnight.....It kind of made paying the normal bills a real bitch for a while. I don't have a magic money tree in the back yard.

Larry

(Chester County)

I NEVER carry anything with my SSN on it - no need to and if lost could be major headache if it fell into wrong hands.

Also I NEVER give out my SSN unless required to BY LAW and then only when the conditions of the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 USC 552(a) and other cites from 42 USC have been met.

Bad idea to carry it.

If your wallet is lost or stolen, they have your SSN, Drivers license(which has a photo of you and your signature) and all of your bank information(CC, debit).

Shopping spree!!!! yes!!

It's like handing your identity to them on a silver platter.

-Burnsie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast