Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Beretta M9

(Delaware County)

Default Beretta M9

Anybody have one and are they more or less valuable than a standard 92? I just picked up one in a trade and was looking for some background on this model. I know it is the standard military sidearm but that's all I know. I was also told it was one of 2000 made.
    Last edited by JIMMYC308; April 6th, 2007 at 09:44 PM.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta M9

Check out Berettaforum.net - I recall seeing an actual post or mention in the FAQ about it, but didn't see it.....

Anyway, basically the M9 and the 92FS are the same - the M9 should have a polymer guide rod, and may have sand-resistant magazines (or are those coming only with the M9A1?). The markings on the gun itself are slightly different too.

The M9 probably should be worth a few bucks more, but it's commercially available and basically the same as a 92FS.

Beretta experts please chime in if I've made a mistake here....

(Lebanon County)

the m9 is a 92f/s.
    the only things different are the markings and i've heard that the sights are ''painted'' differently as well.

the 92fs ia an updated version of the 92f. i think the amby decocker is one of the changes. i think there is also a change to the profile of the slide towards the front.....that is mainly for the 96's and does nothing on the 92's.
    iirc the newer fs's have ''plastic'' triggers and guide rods.

i'd would guess that any value differences would be based on whether or not a possible buyer wants or does'nt want an m9 marked pistol.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    the m9 is a 92f/s.
    the only things different are the markings and i've heard that the sights are ''painted'' differently as well.

the 92fs ia an updated version of the 92f. i think the amby decocker is one of the changes. i think there is also a change to the profile of the slide towards the front.....that is mainly for the 96's and does nothing on the 92's.
    iirc the newer fs's have ''plastic'' triggers and guide rods.

i'd would guess that any value differences would be based on whether or not a possible buyer wants or does'nt want an m9 marked pistol.
    The "FS" has the updated hammer pin with an oversized shoulder / head in order to capture the slide in the event of a catastrophic failure (slide fracture).

I believe they've also updated the locking block (radiused the sharp corners) to inhibit cracking but that came after the hammer pin update.