Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Belts

Default Gun Belts

I'm in the market for a good gun belt. I'm looking for a leather belt with no decoration beyond a nice square buckle. It should be reasonably stiff without feeling like I pulled an I-Beam around my waist. For now, price is irrelevant, though it will be a factor once I narrow down my choices.

Thanks in advance!

(Allegheny County)

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Gun Belts

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I have a belt from the above site and they are exactly what you're looking for, you can get plain and simple or fancy either way the belts are well made. The one I bought is two pieces of opposite grained leather sewn together and is still as stiff as the day I got it after daily wear with a nice heavy SP101 on my hip for some months now. Mine also has a removable buckle, since I have one I like to use. If you go for the removable buckle be sure to lock-tite the screws of the buckle you plan to use.

Bill

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    ... If you go for the removable buckle be sure to lock-tite the screws of the buckle you plan to use.

Bill

Heed this, don't ask.

I'll third the beltman. You will not be disipointed. I have a black buckle.After a year of daily wear, no finish has worn off.
    I vote the second first

(Bedford County)

As everyone else said. Get the best get a beltman belt!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Does anyone have experience with the Crossbreed belts? I'm thinking about getting a Supertuck with the velcro clips so I can carry discreetly at some places.

I know their holsters are quality, and figure that their belts are probably good too, just wanted to see if anyone knew if they were worth the price as I'm not sure where else has velcro sewn into their belts.

Thanks, and sorry if this counts as a thread jack.

(Delaware County)

I like the wilderness belt I bought...it's stiff and is comfy, I just don't wear it that often anymore because I don't have a holster for my CZ yet. I wear a cheapo leather belt when I go to work.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Crossbreed belts? I'm thinking about getting a Supertuck with the velcro clips so I can carry discreetly at some places.

I know their holsters are quality, and figure that their belts are probably good too, just wanted to see if anyone knew if they were worth the price as I'm not sure where else has velcro sewn into their belts.

Thanks, and sorry if this counts as a thread jack.

You can get the velcro sewn inside on the Beltman. I got it on mine and I also have the supertuck (with velcro clips) for my Ruger. Here's a few pic's I took when I got mine. I also have a black Wilderness belt that I sewed velcro in the inside of myself. They are both great belts. I wear the leather beltman to work and the wilderness the rest of the time.

<a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Lackawanna County)

I don't know if this might be something you are interested in...

I received a Coach dressy belt for Christmas from some family friends. I planned to only wear it when, obviously, dressing up for formal occasions and whatnot. But I wore the belt one day, and it worked incredibly well holding all 3 of my holsters (even the two Uncle Mike's universal ones) steadily in place. It's thicker than the average dress belt, about 1.5" tall (estimate, it's actually in my car now and I'm not running outside in this weather ) and is both comfortable and classy. Probably pricey, although i don't know as it was a gift. Just a thought.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

(Lycoming County)

I have a belt and holster for my 1911 from this individual.

UBG Holsters

Belt is plain and simple, but sturdy. Mines black with a silver buckle.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast